Pages

Wednesday 16 December 2020

16th December - Plans for my Advent minis

 It's just rained and rained all day today, a perfect day to stay in and get some more things crossed off the list.

I wrapped two more piles of presents, I put my audio book on and they seemed to get done in no time, so another two sacks ready for Santa to deliver :-)

This afternoon I put some Christmas films on and sat down to finish Jacobs stocking, I'm so glad that it's all stitched now just (just!!) the making up to do, I plan on tackling this on Saturday, I have everything except piping cord and bias binding which I'll get tomorrow.

I was sorting through my advent minis this morning and remembered that I hadn't shown you my mitred square blanket in a while.  This is where I will be putting my lovely advent minis in the coming months.


 
I love everything about this blanket, it just makes me smile whenever I look at it :-)

I keep it folded in this basket along with all the minis I have yet to use and it sits in corner of my bedroom.  When I have knitted a square the remainder of that mini then gets put in another basket.  As yet I haven't used any one more than once, but I might if I think it will look ok.


I'm using one of Ellie's designs, (Crafthouse Magic), she has some free printouts on her youtube tutorial for how she does her squares, (although I'm not knitting my squares how she does hers), mine is just the basic mitred square that you can find anywhere on the internet.

I remembered to take my advent photo in the daylight today but I picked up the wrong one and opened another Mr & Mrs Rabbit yarns today instead of one of Ellie's, must have still been half asleep!


Take care and I'll see you tomorrow
-X-

6 comments:

butterfly said...

Love your blanket looks so pretty .
Another lovely advent .
I have another busy day , and hoping to relax tomorrow .
Enjoy your day.

Poppypatchwork said...

Your blanket is just so pretty and so very neat. I keep all my smaller yarns together, I have 2 lots of squares I am making, the knitted one like your has the hand dyed yarn, I am also crocheting squares but the yarn I am using is sock yarn which is slightly thinner.

Jo said...

Your blanket's beautiful, such lovely pastel colours in it. I'm following a different pattern with mine, the lines are radiating out from the centre so they go in all directions.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your blanket is beautiful and extra special with all the smiles it brings

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your blanket looks great. The colours blend well together.

Barb said...

That is a beautiful blanket! It would be a good way to use your smaller bits of yarn!