Pages

Sunday 7 February 2021

New knitting



The second pattern in the Year of Dishcloths was released on February 1st, this is the Amour dishcloth.  I had just enough pink cotton to knit this one


This one came out slightly bigger than the first one, but that could just be because of the different cotton I used.
I'm not going to use these this year, I've got a drawer full of knitted dishcloths and I like to choose a fresh one to put out each night.  I'm going to knit these throughout the year and have a nice little pile of new dishcloths for use next year


I've had this Stylecraft special DK in my stash for almost three years.  I bought it when I went away with Joanne and Bonnie to Great Yarmouth in 2018.  I ended up buying a new pattern because those I have are only for babies, I was able to buy a downloadable pattern on Deramores instead of waiting for it to come in the post.  The back is all done but I found all that knitting time made my tennis elbow pain flair up so I've put it down to rest my arm for a few day's


Yesterday the rain kept off all day, there was even a bit of sunshine so I decided to take the short drive to Haden Hill Park for a walk.  Everywhere is still muddy after the snow followed by all the rain but Haden Hill has tarmac pathways so there was no need for wellies.














There were lots of people walking about but it's quite a big space so it was ok, I spent a good couple of hours walking and listening to my audio book, it was nice to get out on my own for a while.

Take care
-X-

12 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Hubby's foot is on the mend, so we are starting walking again, I don't enjoy walking on my own. Lovely knitting, I could not survive without my knitting.

Debi said...

Beautiful photos of your walk. Thank you for sharing them.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely walk, fabulous photographs.

Hope your arm feels better soon.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

Lovely pictures of your walk. I have trouble with trigger finger when I knit too much.

God bless.

Barb said...

What a pretty walk! Love your pretty pink cloth. Perfect for the coming Valentines Day!

butterfly said...

Looks like a great walk, love the photos .
I love the Feb heart dish cloth and nice start on the children,s knit.
Have a fun week.

Jo said...

I hope your tennis elbow settles down again soon, that's the problem with injuries such as these, they can flair up if you overdo things, so annoying for crafters. The Year of Dishcloths is such a good idea, I'm knitting along too, though I don't know if I'll knit every one, we'll see. How nice that you were able to get out for a walk, we've had a little snow during the night and it looks as though it's turned to ice, which I wouldn't be surprised as it's so cold this morning. We're forecast snow every day this week.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I hope your arm feels better soon, have you tried Tiger Balm? Your dishcloth looks great. Beautiful photos, we all need time with nature just now.

linda said...

That's a very pretty dish cloth. I have to be careful not to over do the knitting as well or I get the same problem, it helps to do some stretches before but I know I often forget. Beautiful photos of your walk.

MartinaM said...

I like your little tea towel, meanwhile I like to use the knitted ones too.
Oh and the kid's jacket is very pretty too.
Thanks for the beautiful pictures, I would like to go for a walk there too.
take good care of yourself
Martina

Carol said...

Such lovely photos--the little duck couple is particularly charming, Maggie! And what a beautiful swan! What kind of camera do you use? Your photos are excellent!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely photos of the park.
I like your hearts dishcloth and the cardigan you are knitting. It's a shame that you are troubled with tennis elbow.