Pages

Saturday 31 July 2021

The Cotswold lavender Fields

The last time we visited The Cotswold lavender fields was a few years ago and unfortunately our timing was off and the harvest had already taken place, I have wanted to go back and see them ever since and finally, today we did.  
The weather could have been better, the forecast was for showers on and off all day today but, as it's getting close to the time when they will be harvesting the lavender we decided to take a chance.

We managed to dodge the showers but as you can see, there were some rain clouds looming, in this first photo you can see it raining in the distance.  








What an amazing sight all that lavender is! and because there was also a breeze the smell was amazing too. 
As well as all the lovely rows and rows of lavender there were wild flowers, and who wouldn't want to live in a house that had such a wonderful view?





The overcast and grey skies didn't make for very good picture taking but I think this last one is my favourite of the day, and It looks great as my new screen saver on my phone :-)


-X-

14 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely post.
A joy to see all of your photographs, the smell of lavender must have been amazing.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

Wow, I love lavender and to see row upon row is amazing. I can barely get mine to bloom.

God bless.

Sandy said...

I have never seen that much lavender and the flowers are just gorgeous. I can see why you wanted to go back.

CT said...

What a beautiful place, and to smell the lavender must have been worth the trip alone!

Carol said...

Oh, my what gorgeous photos you've shared with us, Maggie! The lavender fields are amazing--never knew such a thing existed. And the flower fields with the house in the background is stunning! Like something right out of a travel magazine :)

butterfly said...

Lovely photos how pretty .
We are seeing more and more lovely wild flower fields just love them.

Poppypatchwork said...

The scent must have been heady, it's a smell I love, we have lavender in 3 different places of our garden. Your photos are brilliant.

Jo said...

Gorgeous. We've visited Yorkshire Lavender a few times and it's amazing to see so much lavender growing all together isn't it. I do love all those wildflowers. Lovely photos.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful photos, stunning flowers, I think lavender is my favourite fragrance

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

OMG, that delightful house, pretty as a picture, literally. I adore lavender and have managed to harvest some from my garden but I have a lot more, I'm going to make a note in my diary to get on to it before it's too late. Jean. x

Dee said...

I can only imagine all that lavender. I have one little patch and IT smells so good. Acres and acres can only be BETTER!

I'm glad you got to go before the harvest!

May Bell said...

The lavender fields are really beautiful. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos.

kestrel said...

Great photos inspite of the grey skies. I think I have to put visiting a lavender field on my bucket list. I have to thank my mum who introduced me to the lavender fragrance wth her powder. Now I have lavender body wash, body lotion, powder and aromatherapy. It must have been so relaxing with the scent in the air. Amazing views of the lavender and the wild flowers too, just sunny yellow wth pops of purple. Yes it is a worthy screen saver.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

These are beautiful photos Maggie. I always think of Norfolk for lavender rather than the Cotswolds.