Pages

Monday 31 January 2022

January stitching

The end of the month has caught me by suprise, I had planned to post on my latest finish last Friday, clearly that didn't happen, no idea where the time went.

There was just enough fabric left over from my Prarie Schooler Happy Christmas finish, (which you can find in this post), to stitch the two small charts which were also included with the main chart.

They didn't take long at all, I only stitched in daylight because of the black fabric but I managed to get them both done in three or four days and got them fully finished last week.



They are only tiny, a couple of inches that's all, stitched over one on 18 count aida, I think they may be the smallest ornaments I've ever stitched.

I used some cotton gingham for the backing and think they came out quite sweet.


The lovely Carol is hosting an ornament SAL again this year, the #12in22ornamentstitchalong can be found on Instagram.  I don't have Instagram on my phone anymore and don't keep up with what's happening on there but,  I'm hoping to stitch along and share here on my blog, I hope that's ok Carol?


Mark was away again at the weekend and I had lots of crafting time planned and I'd also picked up some more charity shop bargain DVD's to keep me company.  I didn't get much crafting done nor did I watch my DVD's, thinking back, I can't actually remember what I did with my weekend, lol.

Anyway, I was just on the phone telling Mark about my films and he said he wouldn't mind watching them at the weekend so I'm going to save them now for us both to watch.   


There, my husbands guilty film secret is out, he likes a good chick flick, lol.

Do you and your other half share the same taste in movies or do your tastes differ?

-X-

11 comments:

Dee said...

Our tastes definitely differ! LOL Steve likes the shoot them, bomb them, drop them off tall buildings kind of movies/shows or psychological thrillers.

I rarely watch TV except for evening news, football (American), ice hockey, baseball, and Jeopardy (a trivia game show).

Mostly he watches late at night when I'm tucked up in bed knitting.

Your ornaments are adorable. I'm off to check out Carol's blog.

Happy stitching, Maggie.

butterfly said...

What fab stitching and Finishing .Love your Santa's.
My hubby and I love the same films and TV .
We both love foot ball too.
Anything I don't like he watches before he goes to bed .
That way life works for us ha , we do give and take to.

Poppypatchwork said...

Your stitching is beautiful, I love the backing colours, they match so well. I have not even thought about stitching this year, I have a couple WIP I need to decide what I should do with them.

Jo said...

Your ornaments are lovely, I like the black fabric, it really makes them pop. I'd say that mine and Mick's tastes differ where films are concerned, though there are lots of films that we both enjoy too. Saying that, I tend not to actually sit down to watch a film, they're too long for me and I get bored half way though.

linda said...

Your ornaments are so sweet, I look forward to seeing others you intend to stitch this year, I had a look at Carols blog I love the Hometown holiday series she's stitching. Great film choice I could watch all of those. xx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching and finishing. Our tastes are similar although I don't like gory or scary stuff. Good luck with your stitchy plans

Carol said...

Both ornaments are darling, Maggie, and your finishing is perfection, as always! So glad you are going to keep up with SAL on your blog (although I will miss you on Instagram :)

No... my husband and I don't share similar tastes except we do enjoy WWII thrillers together. I have to watch anything like the movies you showed above by myself. The other day I FINALLY watched My Fair Lady--had never seen it before.

Enjoy your week and Happy February ♥

Barb said...

The PS finishes are so cute! I have not stitched on black but if I do it will have to be aida. We can share some movies but he gets into the action kind and I really don't care for them. I usually watch flosstube when he gets a movie that I don't like.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely ornaments ...
Enjoy the films.

All the best Jan

kestrel said...

The ornaments may be small but they are beautifully switched. With the gingham backing, they look tiptop great. I used to do x-stitching but not as lovely as your cmas products. I find stitching on black really tedious and have only done it once but overall, stitching on black seems to bring out the picture better... I think.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Two lovely small finishes. They look great on black fabric.