Pages

Monday 7 February 2022

Winter walk











It's been a while since I last visited Bodenham Arboretum, probably more than twelve months.  The weather was quite dull this morning but Jenny said she was taking Arty and asked if I wanted to go along too.  I haven't been getting out a lot recently so jumped at the chance to get some fresh air and spend some time with them both.
It's rather bleak looking at the moment with the bare trees and mud, lots of mud despite there not being much rain recently, it still made for a lovely walk though.  We bought some food for the ducks as we went in and, as you can see they were rather hungry, Arty didn't know what to make of them all crowding round and in a panic emptied all the food out at once!   We bought another box on the way out and he did the same again! 
Over the other side of the pond is the farm, it's a working farm but you can go and see the animals.  What cute faces the cows have.  The sign said they were Hereford cattle, I love their cury hair and long eyelashes, although I forget how big cows are until faced with one, Arty looks like he is thinking the same in the photo.
The best thing was the baby donkey though, how cute is he!!! Awww, I wanted to bring him home and Arty has decided he would like one for his birthday.

Not too sure that he will be granted that particular birthday wish.

-X-

14 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Looks fun even with the mud, I love to see our grandsons at our local country park farm.

Dee said...

I'm thinking I might need a miniature donkey too! LOL

Cute photos if Arty.

Vickie said...

I agree! That donkey is precious!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a wonderful visit you had.
I did enjoy seeing all of your photographs, and yes, that is one cute baby donkey.

Enjoy the week ahead.

All the best Jan

Debby said...

Love your bright colorful photos.

Barb said...

What a great walk especially with such a cute little companion and his Mom!!

butterfly said...

I would love a donkey if I lived on a farm I would keep loads of them.
Thanks for sharing the photos.

Jo said...

What a lovely place to visit. Awww, yes that little donkey is very cute, and so are all those little piggies.

linda said...

What lovely photos and the ideal place to visit with a little one. The donkey is so cute and so is Arty bless him. xx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

We had a donkey once. All I remember about it was that it was bad tempered!
Lovely photos but it certainly looked like a wellington boot day :)

Carol said...

What great photos, Maggie! I especially like the one of the ducks crowding around Arty. No baby donkey for him, eh? :)

Enjoy your week... we are still snow covered and oh-so-cold here!

Heritage Hall said...

Many thanks for the great farm adventure.... Andy must have had a ball...
Such rural experiences are becoming infrequent as we make "progress" and it is through wonderful pictures like yours that one gets to see such sights... how I miss your corner of the world...

Devon Mum said...

That chicken is so cute sat in the tree - we had chickens at our last place and I do miss them.
As for the donkey, he is so so cute. We have a donkey sanctuary not far from us and I love going up there and seeing the many many donkeys they are housing.

Jackie said...

What a fun way to spend a day outside.

I am always amazed at how long a cow's eye lashes are.

God bless.