Pages

Friday 22 April 2022

 The second week of the Easter holidays has been another busy one, I've had both Oliver and Bonnie for three days and they have both slept over too.  

On Tuesday we went for a lovely walk around Haden Hill park again, the house was closed this time and the ducks must have been fed a lot because they just weren't interested in our offerings at all but, the weather was better there was lovely blossom on the trees, an abundance of garlic and we heard a woodpecker, although we couldn't spot it.



The trees are starting to fill out with leaves, I took a photo from this spot about three weeks ago and you can really see the difference.



On Wednesday we went to Bewdley and took a picnic to eat by the river, we also had a browse around the charity shops and came home with a few books for the little kids and one for me, there was nothing that took Olivers fancy this time.

More blossom, I do love to see all the blossom on the trees this time of year, this is in the little park in the town where there is an orchard.


We sat and ate our picnic by the pond, it's such a pleasant place to sit and just watch the world go by.


Yesterday we had a slow start, well as slow as you can with small people.  We needed to make a birthday cake for my youngest daughter, Stevie-Leigh, she was 28 yesterday.  Wow those years have gone so quickly, it's hard to believe that my youngest child is 28, in my head she is still a teenager, lol

It's become a tradition that I make the girls a cake on their birthday, Stevie had tagged me in a post on fb with a photo of a (professionally made) Battenburg cake a few weeks ago, saying 'this years birthday cake'  Well, I had to have a go at making a copy cat one when the challenge was made!


I think she was pleased with my effort, it tasted good anyway :-)

I put the house back in order last night after the little people had gone home so that I could get up today and have a day for myself, I've caught up with some podcasts and watched a couple episodes of Life after Life on BBC iplayer whilst knitting, it's been lovely after a full on week.

Mark will be back soon and we are taking Stevie and Darren out for a birthday curry later, It's been ages since we went out for a curry, I'm looking forward to it.

Hope you have a lovely weekend

-X-

9 comments:

Jo said...

I bet you're feeling worn out after having the little ones over the last couple of weeks, though Oliver looks so grown up now. It's lovely to see so much blossom about at the moment. Wow, the cake is fabulous, I'm always impressed when I see the cakes you make for your girls. Enjoy your curry.

busybusybeejay said...

I bet you are exhausted looking after your grandchildren.Fortunately all of mine are old enough not to need “minding” and turning into lovely young people.
Barbarax

Chris said...

Such beautiful trees, and how lovely to have G/children that are still little.. a fab cake, wow it looks amazing.

Jackie said...

I think that having grandchildren come and visit must be the best thing ever...Even if it tires one out.

Amazing cake.

God bless.

Barb said...

That is a beautiful cake!! Plus if it is delicious, that is even better! What a fun day with the children. I can understand why you were enjoying a day for yourself.

butterfly said...

Lovely photos from places I know so well.
The children had a wonderful time I can see that .
The cake you made looks fantastic .
Enjoy your weekend .

My Creative Life said...

The tree blossom before and after is a great photo idea. Your birthday battenburg cake is awesome, I love it. Cx

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely post full of nice things and great photographs.
The outings with the grandchildren look fun, the blossom is beautiful and the birthday cake looks delicious.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Linda P said...

It sounds as if you've had a busy but enjoyable time over the Easter holiday. The weather has been good hasn't it so those walks were just the thing when looking after energetic young ones. I hope you have been able to wind down since then with your knitting projects.