Pages

Monday 25 April 2022

Yarny temptations

I haven't bought any hand dyed yarn in a long time but I've been lead into temptation and treated myself to three skeins this month.

I haven't got any self striping yarn so when I saw this from Stripey Cat Yarns I just had to have it.
It's a 50g skein with a 20g mini for contrast heels and toes, this is the colourway Alice in Wonderland.


Biffsugar Yarns have some lovely colourways, it's hard to choose a favourite but this selkie zebra stripe one appealed to me, this colourway is Luckdragon.


I watch Caz's podcast, The Wee Sew and Sew on you tube.  On her last episode she showed the new colourways going into her etsy shop, when she held up this one I had to pause to go and buy it right away, I thought it was so pretty.  This one is called Watercolour Garden and is on a sparkle base, I'm not usually a sparkle girl but I loved the colours so much that I can live with the sparkle.  Caz's etsy shop is called Gardeners Cottage Yarns, the last time I looked there was none of this colourway left but she does have some other beautiful skeins and notions too.


It might seem a bit indulgent to buy myself three skeins in a month but I haven't treated myself in a while and sometimes you just have to don't you :-)

I might have wound one of them up already and cast on some socks, so watch this space ;-)

-X-

9 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

I've not purchased yarn in ages, I do have a good stash, including hand dyed ones, love yours the last one is truly beautiful.

Jo said...

I think it does you good to treat yourself every once in a while, and there's worse things you could spend your money on than yarn. I'm not sure about the barber pole effect yarn, it seems quite popular just now but I can't seem to make my mind up about it. Stripey Cat Yarns do some wonderful colourways, I haven't heard of Gardeners Cottage Yarn so I shall have to take a look at their shop.

butterfly said...

Love the wool Maggie .
Buy it when you see it that's what I say .
Have fun knitting those socks .

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

I've just given a massive amount of yarn away to a local lady. I'll try not to buy anymore for a while, but I think your purchases are delightful. xx

linda said...

What fabulous yarn, I love the colours. I can't wait to see what you make with it.

Carol said...

Those are all so lovely, Maggie! Makes me wish I knew how to knit :)

Barb said...

Such pretty colors!!

Tammy said...

The sparkle looks pretty subdued. This is a gorgeous yarn! Can't wait to see the socks!

Lowcarb team member said...

The yarn looks lovely, I do like the colours.

All the best Jan