Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2022

May's projects

For May's socks I chose the zebra yarn I recently purchased from Biffsugar Yarns in the colourway
Luckdragon - I'm really happy with them.




These are for Mark, I was going to put them away for his birthday or Christmas but he's already tried them on so it wouldn't be much of a surprise.  He is happy with them and I was happy to knit them, the yarn is just so soft, it was a dream to knit with.  
I have another recently purchased skien of zebra yarn and can't wait to see how it knits up.

I finished the body on my Whitmoor jumper/sweater.  (We call them jumpers here in the UK, I just can't get the hang of calling them sweaters somehow)



I didn't want to rush to get the sleeves finished before we go away on Sunday, I will pick it up again once we come home.  I'm just so very happy with it, the yarn is lovely, I love the colour and it fits great, I can't wait to wear it!

The garden is doing very well, I've planted all my seedlings and fingers crossed they will grow bigger and stronger in the next few weeks.  The grass seed is finally taking, and as a result of sunshine and showers both lawns are still looking lovely and green.

Here are some photos from around our garden.





Stevie and Darren get Married next week (eek) and we all fly out to Cyprus this Sunday.  The rest of the week will be taken up with the last of the holiday preparation and hairdressers/manicure's/pedicure appointments, so I've decided to take a little blogging break for a while and a break from the internet in general until we are back home and settled into our normal routines again.

Take care

-X-

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely knitting .
And your garden looks wonderful.
Wishing you and your family a fun week hugs June .

Carol said...

Such an exciting time for you family, Maggie! I'm sure the wedding will be a delight--hope you'll share some photos with us. Beautiful knitting and flowers! Enjoy your little break--don't be gone too long ♥

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Have a super time in Cyprus.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your garden is looking lovely.

The wedding is so near.
Sending my good wishes to you all, have a wonderful time in Cyprus.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous colour for those socks, and your sweater is lovely.

Your garden is sure growing well.

God bless.

Debi said...

Weddings are exciting and wonderful! I love the socks, that yarn is beautiful and I can't wait to see your jumper completed. Enjoy the wedding!

MartinaM said...

The wool has developed wonderfully, a beautiful gradient in the socks.
Your sweater has such a nice yoke, now all you need is the sleeves.
I wish you a nice wedding, come home safely.
Martina

Jo said...

I was undecided about the zebra yarn but it knits up lovely, the socks look fabulous. Yes, the gardens are loving the rain. Your hostas always look so healthy, I gave up growing them because they just became slug fodder but I've inherited one in my new garden so I'll see how that goes on. You must all be so excited, the wedding seems to have come round so quickly and it's nearly here now. Have a wonderful time in Cyprus, enjoy every minute, and give my very best wishes to Stevie and Darren.