Pages

Monday 20 June 2022

Whats in the garden

 
















Our garden is far from perfect and it's certainly not neat but I'm very happy with how everything is growing at the moment. The Nasturtiums I grew from seed are filling the kitchen window baskets lovely and just producing flowers now, I'll definitely grow those again next year.  The Marigolds are just starting to fill out, I sowed two packets and thought It would be too many but in hindsight it was just enough.   

I'm excited to see what wildflowers appear, the tub is overflowing with greenery so fingers crossed for some lovely colour and food for the bees.   The lavender that Stevie was going to throw out because she said it was dead is very much alive and thriving, its already outgrown the pot I planted it in.   I'ts the only lavender plant I have in the garden and I'm tempted to get more, if I can find a space.   I think my favourites at the moment are the Erigeron Stallone, those pink and white daisy flowers are so pretty, it's common name of Fleabane doesn't do it justice at all.  The Oxalis is another favourite, I know Its considered a weed by many people but I love it, this one has green leaves and lovely pink flowers, It is in a container though as I wouldn't want it all over the garden.   

The weather is fine and dry today, the rain and cooler temperatures at the weekend were a welcome relief after the heat of last week, that was a little too much for my liking.  I'm all caught up with housework and sorting so after doing just the necessary things this morning I've had a day pleasing myself, knitting on my socks, hopefully they will be finished to share with you next time.

What are you loving in your garden at the moment?

-X-

14 comments:

Jo said...

Goodness, how much more perfect do you want it, haha. It looks near on perfect to me, and very neat. I always think gardens look at their best in the sunshine and we've had plenty of that just lately, it's another scorcher here today and set to get hotter tomorrow. We've taken quite a few plants out of our new garden for one reason or another, and though it's not a huge garden, I've got some places to fill with new plants when I've made my choice of what to grow.

Poppypatchwork said...

Your garden is beautiful and full of colour, it's sad when we only notice the bits that need doing. I hope you enjoy your crafting, I'm sat inside now as all the shade in the garden is gone.

linda said...

It's so much neater than mine and it looks lovely, your grass is so green mine is a mess at the moment. I love this time of the year I think June is my favourite month because of the long days and everything looks so green and lush.

Heritage Hall said...

Definitely NEAT and flourishing. Your garden seems so inviting and
relaxing....much hard work to be certain, but gratifying in the result..
the time and effort could not have been better spent. Brava ~

Debi said...

Your garden is absolutely beautiful!

Shelly said...

Beautiful! So green and lush!

butterfly said...

Your garden is looking lovely , I have most of the same flowers growing .
Don't you just love to look out each morning .
So exciting to see the plants you grown .
Have fun hugs June,

DeniseinVA said...

Hello Maggie, just surfing in after seeing you on my reading list. The name of your blog intrigued me as I grew up in the West Midlands. I was born in Smethwick, parents were born in Wolverhampton, moved to Wednesbury when I was five, I was 15 when I moved to Devon when Dad retired, moved to America at 25 when I met my husband and have been in the States since 1975. Your garden looks picture perfect and one I aspire to. Enjoyed visiting very much and will enjoy coming back.

Jackie said...

Wow, what a gorgeous garden... To me it is absolutely perfect and very neat.

God bless.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your garden looks great, a very nice selection of photographs.

All the best Jan

MartinaM said...

Your garden is beautiful and it doesn't have to be perfect, just how you feel comfortable. We are redesigning our front yard and some plants are going away, I would like to have others, let's see how it works.
Enjoy the time in your beautiful garden.
Martina

Carol said...

Oh, everything looks so gorgeous! I wonder if we have Fleabane here--I love the cottagey look of them! My hydrangeas are just blooming and I love them so much :)

Sue said...

What a lovely garden you have Maggie, such a pretty variety of flowers. I don't mind if I get a weed in our garden especially when some of them are really beautiful. x

Robin said...

My goodness, your garden certainly looks neat and perfect from this side of the pond!