Pages

Thursday 23 June 2022

Just a quiet Thursday

 I've just come up to sit in my summer house with a coffee and my knitting for a while before it's time to start making my tea, just a chicken salad tonight, I don't cook much when it's just me in the week, something quick and simple is fine.   

I have three pairs of socks cast on at the moment, they are all knit down to the start of the heel flap so I can now work on them in turn to knit the heels and then the foot part.  This is the Beach ball colourway from Tea Cup Yarns which was a recent purchase from Wool@j13.  


 I think the colours are so pretty, here they are close up with the cute little ladybird progress keeper I made.


I gave my little summer house a make over yesterday, It was unintentional, I had only planned on a good clean but then ended up painting all the inside, one job always leads to another with me, do you do that, start a small job and it ends up bigger?  I always seem to make work for myself.   Mark Is going to paint the outside at the weekend if the weather holds out, at least now it will look fresh inside and out. 

I noticed yesterday when I was watering that I had two teeny tiny strawberries, can you see them?  I had to look hard, lol, not worth getting the cream out for but they did taste nice.  There are more to come but I don't think any of them will be winning any prizes.


I had a cinema date with Oliver yesterday, we went to see the new Jurassic World film


In truth It was me who wanted to see it more than him but I thought people would think me a little strange going on my own so I went undercover of taking Oliver, ha ha.  I really enjoyed it, but then I enjoyed the previous two films, and anything to do with dinosaurs I find fascinating.

The weather is set to break tomorrow with showers predicted but at the moment the sun is still shinning lovely so I'm going to finish my coffee, knit a few more rounds on my sock and enjoy the last bit of the days sunshine.

-X-

12 comments:

Debi said...

My "little" projects always turn out much bigger than I intend when I start! The sock yarn is very pretty. I've never seen any of the Jurassic Park movies. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased you enjoyed the movie, dinosaurs have a certain fascination don't they.

We have had some showers today, which I fortunately managed to avoid when out and about.

Have a happy Friday.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

Many a time my "small" projects turn out to be much larger than anticipated...I always seem to add something to them.

Glad you liked the movie.

God bless.

Carol said...

Your summer house sounds like a perfect space to sit and knit or stitch, Maggie! And now that you'll have it all painted, it will be even nicer. Your strawberries are so cute--we are growing blueberries for the first time ever.

It's been so, so long since I've been to an actual movie in the theater. We're thinking about going to see the new Top Gun movie. We'll see :) Enjoy your weekend ♥

MartinaM said...

Oh yeah, great color. Knitting socks is also very popular with me right now. Sneakers for my daughter are finished.
Enjoy the rest of June
Martina

butterfly said...

Sounds wonderful, I have not sat inside my one yet this year .
The decking will be changed soon from wood to concrete , we get far to much rain
in the winter and the edges are starting to break up. So I will wait untill we get a new floor ,
Love the colour of the wool , it will make a great pair of socks.

Jo said...

The sock yarn is lovely, such a pretty colour. I haven't done any crafting at all for weeks, though I doubt I'd have picked up knitting in this heat anyway, hasn't it been hot. The sun's still shining here at the moment but we're forecast thunder storms this afternoon, typical, all the good weather we've had and it's forecast a storm when I'm due to have new carpets fitted! Oh well, at least it's an inside job. Glad you enjoyed the film, I rarely go to the cinema, I can't remember the last time I went.

Linda P said...

I haven't been to the cinema for a very long time. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. It's good to be able to sit out in the garden with your knitting and enjoy these warm days although it's likely the weather will change. So long as it's not too hot I'm happy.

Chris said...

Love that sock yarn, I used to always have some socks on the go, you've spurred me on.. and your garden is absolutely gorgeous.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

I'm just like you Maggie, starting one job then seeing others. It can mean you don't cross off so many things on your to do list because you've done other jobs. Still always good to do a few things when you have a spare moment. I've got some Winter sewing projects in mind but seeing your socks makes me want to get knitting. Have a good weekend. jean.

Sandy said...

You mean small projects aren't suppose to turn into something else? Who knew, lol. I know when hubby starts a small project that he says will only be a hour, it's all day things that will involved multiple trips to the hardware store and often some cussing, lol. Love the colors in your socks, very pretty. Hope the weather holds so your hubby can get the outside painted. Weather has been so unpredictable of late. Fresh strawberries sound good, hope you have a good crop. Do you have more than the one pot? I don't go to the movies, I much prefer to watch them when they reach tv at home, so I can pause to refill my wine glass or go potty, etc. Plus, I don't like watching shows in the dark, makes me sleepy. I like the lights on the living room when we're watching tv, and often I'm knitting...depending on what I'm working on and how much attention I have to pay to it.

Robin said...

I applaud your ability to knit socks! I can knit wash clothes and that is about it. I too love using the grand babies as an excuse to do something……like go to a parade or go see fireworks. Have a great week.