Pages

Monday 26 December 2022

Boxing Day




I hope that you all had a lovely Christmas Day, however you chose to spend it.  
After all the stress of preparations, wrapping countless presents and house cleaning, Christmas Day was quite a relaxing affair.  We ate out so didn't have the hassle of cooking, it was lovely to get up and just enjoy time with the children and watch them open their presents.  Santa left Arty a stable with lots of horses, you can tell how happy he is with it, lol ,  Although Oliver is now ten he still loves his stuffed toys, his favourite animal is a sloth and Santa left this one at nanny's for him.   Usually you don't get much of a reaction when he opens presents but he was thrilled with the sloth, who's name is Dave by the way 🤣


Bonnie and Jacob came back to ours after dinner for present opening.  There was no frenzied opening with Jacob, he opened each one and looked at it properly, even stopping to read the book he opened, bless.  He hasn't been very well this last week and had to go to the walk in centre yesterday afternoon, his throat is red but they don't think is tonsillitis  but have given him some antibiotics anyway, hopefully there will be a chemist open today to collect the prescription.  

I managed to make some stollen on Christmas Eve.  Jenny, Joanne and James love it so they each had a box on Christmas morning.  The recipe came from the same Sainsbury's magazine I had the granola recipe from which I shared last time.  
(If anyone is interested in either recipe I will put it on the recipe page at the top of my blog sometime this week)

I also found time to sew together the pieces for this star mat.  You may remember that I bought the pattern and the fat quarters when I visited the Creative Craft show in November.  I'm happy to have been able to make use of these this year instead of them sitting in a drawer waiting for next Christmas.


My lovely blogging friend Jo (http://jo-throughthekeyhole.blogspot.com) sent me a something to open Christmas morning.  Thank you Jo for your kindness.


We are having a lazy day today, we had a lie-in this morning and I did a bit of ironing, now I'm going to sit down and treat myself to a new stitching start.

speak soon
-X-

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Oh what fun with the children , I use to love it , but sadly now they have all grown up and spend Christmas with their families , but my daughter came and we had our fun and seeing photos on the phone of all the family at Christmas.
Mind you with 5 GC and 10 GGC I don't think I could cope any more HA.
Have a lovely NEW YEAR .

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Lovely post maggie, looks like you all had a most splendid day. I think we may follow your lead next year and eat out. Happy New Year. jean

Debi said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas with your family. Your grandchildren are adorable. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Gill - That British Woman said...

super photos of the grands. We aren't having Christmas until December 31st due to covid in one household. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed they will be well by then!

Poppypatchwork said...

It's all about the grandchildren these days, your Christmas day looks perfect. I do like your star, it's very pretty.

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

Your redhead grandchildren remind me so much of my children! Such lovely photos of all your grandchildren and I agree about that huge grin with your grandson - so precious!

Jo said...

It's lovely to see the children enjoying themselves at Christmas, it's what it's all about. They all look very happy with their presents. Wishing you a very happy birthday today, I hope you have a lovely day.

Carol said...

Loved seeing your darling grandkids on Christmas day, Maggie. I don't even want or need anything--it is gift enough to just watch my grandson open his gifts (which won't happen until January!). Enjoy this last bit of 2022! ♥

Lowcarb team member said...

So lovely to see the photographs of your grandchildren, they look very happy with their presents.
Is it your birthday today? I send you lots of happy birthday wishes.

Enjoy these last few days of December.

All the best Jan

Sandy said...

Cute pictures. Looks like the kids enjoyed themselves. Seeing Christmas through the eyes of small children is always fun. Sorry Jacob was sick and hope the whole family doesn't come down with it...whatever the it is. So many viruses go round besies Covid, Flu, RSV, and strep. Stay warm, it's been so cold, much colder than normal here. Will be anxious to see what you make with you gifted wool from Jo. It looks pretty with lots of different colors.