Pages

Saturday 31 December 2022

December 31st - The last Hurrah of 2022

Suzannah - Carriage House Samplings
Started beginning of April 2019, completed December 30th 2022

Yes, it has taken me three years and eight months to finish Suzannah!
In my defence I haven't done a lot of stitching this year, but still, that's an awful long time on one project.  I've stitched three girls now, just Molly left to do and will have the set.





I know these are not to everyone's stitching taste, but I just love the quirkiness of them.

The Rain Fell by Little House Needleworks

My daughter bought me this chart in 2020, I stitched it earlier this year, afterwards I put it to one side as I didn't know how to finish it, then I re-discovered this DMC box in my cupboard, the lid was designed to hold a stitched piece and this one almost fit.  There is a scroll at the top and bottom of the stitching but the opening wouldn't accommodate both, so I positioned the piece so that only the bottom scroll was showing, I think I turned out ok



My last finish of 2022 is a cardigan for Bonnie.  
The knitting was finished over a month ago but with everything else going on in early December I put off the actual finishing.  The body was knit in one piece to the armholes, the sleeves knit flat and then attached to the body, then the whole yolk section knitted in one piece, leaving only the sleeves to sew up.  
Excuse the awful photos, the colours are a little washed out because I took the photo at night, the main colour is purple, the whole thing is a lot brighter than shown here.



So those are my last finishes for 2022,  It feels good to get some things out of the way.  
Next year I'm going to be joining Martina and Manuela  in their Stick and/or knit 6 in 2023.  I've already chosen my six charts and they are mostly kitted up ready to go, I will start with No. 4 tomorrow, (that is the number that has been generated).  The idea is to work on this one now for the next two months.  If you would like to find out more about this SAL hop over to either Martina or Manuela's blog where they explain in more detail as there are two variations to choose from, I'm opting for the easy version one.

Thank you to everyone who has visited, commented or just scrolled though my posts this past year.  Blogging has fallen out of favour with so many people in recent years but it's still my favourite form of social media, you really do meet the nicest people in blog land 💖

So I will wish you all a very Happy New Year, may 2023 bring you all that you wish for.

Have a good one
-X-

13 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the look of Bonnie's cardigan.

Happy New Year Wishes.

All the best Jan

Gill - That British Woman said...

love them all. I saw that Bothy's is having a sale starting January 4th. I love the Wrendale designs, so may decided to have a couple of things shipped to Canada!! Happy New Year!

Poppypatchwork said...

It's always great to get projects finished, sadly daughter does not like hand knitted items, they are too thick, Bonnies cardi looks lovely.

butterfly said...

Happy New Year to you and your family.
Beautiful stitching and knitting .
Love your post , hugs June.

Jo said...

Lovely finishes, I think it always feels good to clear the decks a little at the end of the year. I love the stitched piece in the little box, isn't that a unique way to show it off, and I'm sure Bonnie will be lovely and cosy in her new cardigan, you can't beat hand knits to keep them warm. Wishing you and your family a very happy new year, all the very best for 2023 xx

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

Goodness you are so very talented! I showed my Mum and one of my daughters your embroidery. Just lush!

A very Happy New Year to you! Glad I found your blog recently. I always enjoy your posts and the robin on the cover always brings a smile.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

All your projects are wonderful Maggie, well done, even if they have taken an age, you finished. Happy New Year, I wish you lots of joy.

Carol said...

What beautiful projects to end 2022, Maggie! I am in awe of Bonnie's cardigan--she is one lucky little granddaughter. Wishing you a wonderful New Year! ♥

Manuela said...

Hello Maggie,
wonderful finishes. I like the stitching finish in the box and the little cardigan is very cute.
Thanks for sharing about our Challenge. Hope you have fun.
Happy New Year, Manuela

meandmysmallcorner said...


It does feel good to finish a project at the end of the year. Just in time to get going on the ones for 2023 :-)
Glad I found you towards the end of last year and look forward to seeing you through this year. Happy New Year Maggie x

Dee said...

Bonnie's cardi with the little bobbles is simply perfect.

I love Suzannah too. She is adorable!

Happy new year, Maggie!

Jackie said...

Great finishes. Love the sweater.

Happy New Year.

God bless.

Linda P said...

I'm a little late in commenting, but I wish you and your family a happy new year. Even though I'm not doing any stitching or crocheting at present I like to see examples of your craftwork. I love your embroidered lady with the curly hair and the cardigan you've made for your granddaughter. I look forward to seeing your crafting creations in the coming days of 2023.