Pages

Friday 24 November 2023

Catch up on last weeks happenings

I mentioned previously that I wanted to get some projects that had been abandoned finished before the end of the year.  I chose two last week that had the least amount to work on to call them finished.  
The white cardigan is the Jasmine Baby Jacket, which only needed the buttons sewing on.  The pink cardigan is the  Puerperium Cardigan, all that needed doing on this one was the edging on the sleeves and to sew buttons on.



Both cardigan patterns are free and can be found on Ravelry.

This week I chose something else to try and finish and hopefully I will have that completed to show you next time.

I have also been working a little on my mitred square blanket.


This is a long term project and won't be finished anytime soon, but that's ok, I love working on it and I have plenty more mini skeins to choose from.  

Mine and Jacobs's outing last week was to a local canal trust which have toddler boat trips each Wednesday morning  for £1, well you can't get much for £1 these days so we had to give it a go.   
The trip is just half an hour with songs along the way to keep the children entertained whilst the boat travels along the canal and through a couple of tunnels.  Afterwards there are some crafty activities in the cafe.  It was something different and Jacob seemed to enjoy his trip on the banooke.  

( A Banooke is Jacobs word for a barge, we have no idea why, perhaps a combination of canal boat and barge and his little mind came up with the word Banooke 😆 )
Later in the afternoon we made gingerbread men, one had an accident, oh dear, lol



This week I took him to a local playcentre called Little Lobsters.  It's much nicer than the big indoor playcentres, everything is in one big room and is more geared to imaginative play with different sections of play such as construction, a shop, kitchen, dressing up as well as a ball pit, slide and various ride on toys.   All the children are called together at the end of the session for a sing-a-long, It's definitely somewhere I'll take him again, especially if the weather isn't good.

 

Last Sunday I had a day out to the Festive Gift Fair at the NEC with Joanne and Stevie and Bonnie.  Compared to previous years It wasn't so good, there were a lot of stands selling the same sort of things, a bit disappointing really.  The girls bought a couple of things, I came home with nothing, that must be a first, there just wasn't anything that took my fancy.  

The Grinch made an appearance though and Joanne queued for Bonnie to have a photo.


Well I think that's me just about caught up on what's been happening here.  
Last week Mark started the preparation to decorated the back bedroom so new wallpaper will be going up tomorrow, I said I would paint the ceiling so that he can just get straight on with it in the morning. Everything takes so much longer because he only has the weekend, but at least the bedroom isn't needed so I can shut the door on the chaos while It's going on.

See you soon

-X-

17 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh those cardigans are darling. Your blanket looks wonderful. The grands are so sweet!

butterfly said...

Love the baby cardigans and what a great blanket .
I could do with making something the same I have so much wool oddments left .
Enjoy your weekend hugs June.

Anonymous said...

I agree the Festive Gift Fair hasn't really recovered since Covid, not as many bargains...although we did manage to push 2 large trolleys back to the car after a couple of hours and then refill them by the time we left after lunch 😀 x CraftyNan Shropshire

Sue said...

Love the baby knitting, they are so cute. Jacob looks as though he's been having a lovely time with you and I love his word for a canal boat. Shame about the craft fair but Bonnie looked happy with the Grinch. The blanket is coming along and looking so pretty, I don't think I'd have the patience to attempt anything like that> Sue x

Sandy said...

I love those baby outfits and blankets. I have always loved knitting but haven't seemed to get the hang of it. I think I need to go to a class. The outings look like such fun. I keep my grandson so I need to be more creative!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like those cardigans, and the blanket looks pretty, the colours are lovely.

I do like Jacob's word 'Banooke'. Lovely photographs from the canal trip, and the gingerbread men look tasty.
Nice photograph of Bonnie with The Grinch.
Fun times :)

Have a lovely weekend, hope the decorating goes well.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

Very cute baby sweaters. I might need to take a look at Ralvery to check the patterns out.

The blanket is perfect. Mini skeins are not really that big here, though I know of a few stores that sell them.

God bless.

Gill - That British Woman said...

love knitted baby clothes, so cute on the littles. That was a neat thing with the canal trip and you're right you can't get much for a pound. love the photos you shared.

Poppypatchwork said...

Love your finishes, I should take a look at mine. You have so much fun with your grandchildren, making wonderful memories.

MartinaM said...

How cute the little knitted things look.
And I really like your blanket, especially that the seams go in two directions.
What a lovely trip with the children.
Have a nice new week
Martina

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

What a lovely time you spent with Jacob making gingerbread men and taking a canal boat ride together . I love Jacob's description of a 'Banooke'.
The blanket is very pretty and it is good to get a few projects finished like the baby cardigans. Look forward to seeing what you finish next.

Jo said...

Oh my goodness, Bonnie and Jacob get more and more alike, and they're growing up so quickly too. The toddler boat rides sound like something different and lots of fun. I've knitted both of those cardigan patterns before, I enjoy knitting baby garments, they work up so quickly. Your blanket is beautiful, it's going to be quite a size when it's finished, and so soft and squishy.

Dee said...

The canal trip looked like a wonderful adventure. You've kept a really busy week last week.

I always feel like I'm getting a little tour of the UK with you blog photos and that is a very good thing.



Carol said...

Your sweet cardigans are just precious, Maggie! Your knitting always looks impeccable! Sounds like you and little Jacob are having a wonderful time together. The boat trip looks like such fun and I know he must have had a grand time baking and decorating the cookies. Hope you have a wonderful weekend--and Happy December! ♥

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Some neat knitting you do. My wife tied making squares for a blanket but gave up and sticks to making jumpers and rabbits. I like the canal trip, they did well with the decorations.