Pages

Monday 13 November 2023

Six day socks and other goings on

 These socks were knitted up really quickly, well six days is quick for me anyway.  To be fair I didn't really pick up any other crafting that week and, they were a smaller size.


These are for my middle daughter, she is only a shoe size 5, the rest of us have big feet, lol.
I'm making the girls a pamper hamper for Christmas so these will go into her basket with the other goodies.  The yarn is probably one of the longest I've had in my stash, it's Drop Fabel, I can't remember the colourway but It was nice to knit with and I like the way they came out.

I mentioned last time trying to finish off some projects so last week I pulled out my Tresaco Jumper.  This is the second time I've knitted the Trescao pattern, It's really simple and easy to knit, only problem is all that stocking stitch can get a little monotonous, I think that's why It got abandoned.  There was very little work to do on it, half a sleeve and a cuff and It was done.


 I used Stylecraft Recreate yarn, again I'm not sure of the colourway but it was the lightest grey in that range.

Each Wednesday now I will be looking after Jacob.  Joanne asked me a while ago as It would mean that the remaining days he is at nursery they can take advantage of the free hours that the Government offer.  Nursery fees are so expensive and although free hours are offered from age two, there are conditions.  If you don't work you can get free nursery hours, you can also get free hours If you are claiming certain benefits and earn below a certain amount, but If you work and earn just a fraction over that amount you have to pay the full whack.  It's crazy.

Anyway, Last Wednesday the weather wasn't too good so we didn't go far just a visit to the library and then we had a day of baking.  Jacob loves to cook, he even like to wash up afterwards 😆 And I'm all for encouraging that.



He made Millies cookies, and he really did make them with only a little bit of help from me, look how pleased he is with them 💗

Later we made the Christmas cake.  
More help needed from me for this one, and making sure that he didn't try to sample the brandy infused cake batter!


Hope It tastes as good as it looks come Christmas.


Hope you all have a good week, see you soon.

-X-

15 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Your daughters will love their gifts, those socks are very pretty. I am married to a man who loves to bake, so keep Jacob baking, your Christmas cake is lovely as well, you have been busy.

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me with your socks - I'm making heavy weather of finishing a second sock, I started the first 2 years ago! I need to get a wiggle on because it must be finished by the 25th of this month......wish me luck I know it's doable.
Those cookies look delicious .
Alison in Wales x

Jackie said...

What a lovely pair of socks!!! I really like the colourway.

Look at the smile on your helpers face.

God bless.

stitchinrose said...

What a cute helper you had. Would you be willing to share your recipes?

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Such lovely makes and what a super time baking with Jacob. Life is good.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like those socks, lovely colours.

Isn't it lovely to bake with the grandchildren, what a lovely smile he has.
I'm sure everything tastes delicious.

All the best Jan

MartinaM said...

The socks are very pretty, such beautiful colors. Your new sweater looks great and you can combine it with many things.
Jakob did a great job, it's great that he enjoys it.
Enjoy your week,
Martina

Manuela said...

The socks and the sweater looks great.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Sol said...

Grateful for your ability to make complex ideas accessible. Well done!

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Jacob looks as though he is having so much fun in your kitchen. It's lovely to see him enjoying baking and doing the washing up as well.
Glad you got to finish a few projects off last week. I love the stripey socks and the pale grey of the jumper.

Tammy said...

Jacob is precious and your knitting is beautiful! I'd like to practice up on my knitting in the new year.

Carol said...

I just love the photos of your little Jacob baking! There is something so special about making cookies with our grandchildren. I'm looking forward to that when my little grandson visits at Christmas time :) Your socks are so pretty and that sweater is perfection! Looks like something I would love to wear if I could find a nice simple creation like that one. Oh, if I only had learned to knit :)

Interesting to read about the nursery fees and how people who don't work can get free nursery care. It's so different here! Everyone pays no matter if they work or not. And yes, the fees are very high! Anyway, you and Jacob will have fun every Wednesday, I'm sure!

Hope you have a relaxing weekend ahead, Maggie! ♥

Chris said...

How lovely to have such a happy little helper and he likes washing up, a real Keeper! Those biscuits have got my mouth watering, but promised to keep to the SW plan till Christmas, but its getting very difficult!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post