When we visited Bath last weekend there was a really great second hand book stall in the market. Now, I really don't need any more books to add to my TBR shelf...but that didn't stop me coming home with another three, ha ha.
I know the Ruth Galloway series is very popular, and I read the first book a while ago. To be honest, it didn't really wow me - it was just an okay read.
When I spotted The Janus Stone, the second book in the series I decided to pick it up because I thought it deserved another chance. Unfortunately, I ended up putting it down when the story started mentioning the killing of children, puppies and cats, It just made me feel uncomfortable and wasn't something I wanted to read before going to sleep, which is when I do most of my reading.
I do have a couple more books in the series that I've picked up from charity shops, but for now I think I've decided this series isn't for me.
I haven't read Nella Lasts War but I have seen Housewife 49 based on the book and really enjoyed it, I'm looking forward to reading Nella Last's Peace, I think It's something I will enjoy.
I've read several of Matt Haig's books and enjoyed them all. Dead Fathers Club Is one of his early books, here's the blurb from the back of the book -
I also got this for Freddie.
Gerry The Giraffe was one of Stevie's favourite bedtime stories when she was little, I think one of the other grandchilden must have ended up with our origonal copy so I was pleased to find this copy.
I don't very often buy new books these day's and I'd been looking for Broken Country for a few weeks without any luck, I also looked at reserving it the library but the waiting list was in double figures, so I decided to treat myself.
As you can see It didn't travel home on it's own.
I loved Strange Sally Diamond by Liz Nugent, I've not read anything else by her but I am enjoying this one at the moment and think I will look out for her other titles.
This is our Library Reading Group book for the coming month.
The cover isn't giving anything away - here's the blurb from the back cover.
Someone mentioned that It's recently been a series on BBC. As I don't watch TV I hadn't come across it. Not sure what I think of this one, has anyone read it or seen in on TV? I think it's going to be a very thoughtful read, perhaps nothing to exciting.
It's Pudding & Bookclub this Wednesday, so together with whatever book is chosen then I should have enough to keep me entertained for a few weeks.
What books are you enjoying at the moment?
-X-






No comments:
Post a Comment