I recently had a lovely day in London with my eldest daughter, Jenny, along with Arty and Bonnie. The kids had wanted to go for a while and neither Jenny or myself need much pursueding to visit London, we both love it.
We had an early start, catching the 7.30am train into Marylebone, which gave us plenty of time to make the most of the day. As it was the first time either Bonnie or Arty had been to Londone, we didn't pre-book any attractions, Instead, we thought it would be nice to take things as they came, walk around and see some of the more famous sights.
Bonnie had mentioned seeing Buckingham Palace, so we took the tube straight out of Marylebone station and arrived in time to see the Changing of the Guard. It was so busy though, and I think the crowds were a bit overwhelming for her. fortunately we managed to get both of them to the front of the railings at one point, and the guards came right up in front of them. They absolutely loved and made up for having to battle our way to the front.
We also spent some time in the Lego shop, where they each chose a set ot take home. After that, the rest of the day was spent walking around Londone and taking in some of the main sights. In hind sight, I think it might have been better to have booked at least one attraction to visit, just to give the day a bit more structure and break up all the walking.
These are some of the photos from our day
They are still both a bit too young to fully appriciate the history and significance of many of London's landmarks, but they certainly enjoyed the experience of exploring the city. Riding on the underground was an adventure for them, (and me, I always enjoy it) and of course seeing Big Ben, and London Bridge. It was lovely to see Big Ben all clean and shiny now, the last time I visited it was covered in scaffolding.
By the time we finally headed home we were all exhausted. We didn't get back until just after midnight, but luckily we had a direct rain, both children completely crashed out almost as soon as we set off and slept all the way back.
It was a long and tiring day, but enjoyable, and hopefully the first of many London trips for both of them.
Last weekend Mark was working so I went away for a few days. Things have been so busy latley that I needed some time just for me, and I haven't seen the sea all Summer. Living in the middle of England means that we do live a fair way from any coastal town so it's a lovely treat to be by a beach and the sea.
Can you guess where I went?











No comments:
Post a Comment