Pages

Thursday 23 June 2011

Sampler Wall In Progress

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments on my Little House Neighbourhood finish, i really appreciate each and every one of them!
In the absence of any progress stitching to show and because my LHN has now been framed by the very talented Mark at Bettys i thought i would show you my sampler wall with it's new addition.



A little bit of shuffling was required as i wanted this one to be in the middle, DH was in charge of the hammer and hooks with me shouting instructions of 'up a bit, down a bit', i think we got it about right in the end, although Joanne's boyfriend, was laughing at us from the kitchen and said it was like watching a comedy sketch of The Chuckle Brothers!

I think perhaps Rubie needs moving a little, but I'm happy with how it looks, for now anyway.

I know quite a lot of you display your stitching on your stairwell, my stairs are not open (they are through that door you can see in the photo below), so that wouldn't be a good place for me, it would be claustrophobic.


So my beginnings of a sampler wall are in my dining room, and as you can see i still have plenty of wall space left to hold more ;-) 
I do have other pieces in other parts of the house, but this is my main wall.


**********
 Sandra and Sheila were kind enough to let me join them in a SAL, this is what we are stitching, and i think we have all opted for using red thread.  We are going to share photos of our progress at the end of the month, so no photos from me until then.

That's it from me for now, till next time...take care x

39 comments:

Christine said...

Wow ~ What a beautiful gallery of stitching you have created. You should feel very proud of your accomplishments!

Catherine said...

Looks wonderful!!

Sweet Sue said...

What a joy to find your blog Maggie, wonderful beautiful work! Now dutifully following:)

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Your sampler wall is looking wonderful and it still has room for more!

pam said...

so many pretty pieces. I am sure they will grow to many more.

Sharon said...

Your sampler wall looks fantastic!

Deb said...

Your sampler wall looks fantastic. It's so nice to see your work where you can admire all of them each day.

I'm still working on mine - I keep second guessing myself on how I want them placed.

gracie said...

Wonderful wonderful display

Chris said...

Maggie! your wall looks great!

Leisha said...

I love your wall in progress!! I need to start me a sampler wall as well and I will take inspiration from you! Love them all! Keep up the great work!

Rowyn said...

Beautiful sampler wall!

Justflo said...

What a lovely wall. Shows your stitching off a treat.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

A lovely mix of samplers, I've always liked that particular Lizzie Kate design.

Gabi said...

Ohhhhhh....that's gorgeous. A very lovely wall you have there.

Hazel said...

Oooooh wow wow wow!! I love your sampler wall. I wish I could find a decent framer near me. Nice new sal. x

Siobhán said...

Wow, fantastic!! It looks great, Maggie, you must be thrilled with it.

Kate said...

Love the way your have your samplers displayed.

Sherry said...

What a beautiful wall! I can't wait to see it as you add more.

Maureen said...

oh i am loving your wall - they all look so great together and there's plenty room for more lol!

the striped rose said...

I love looking at sampler walls - yours is looking great!

Kathy A. said...

Maggie - that is truly an impressive gallery of samplers. What beautiful work and how wonderfully displayed. It must be a joy just to see them assembles.

Lainey said...

Oh Maggie your Sampler wall looks wonderful. Such gorgeous stitches.
Look forward to up-dates on your new start. Have a great week-end. Hugs!

Mouse said...

ohhh that looks fab :0 having a whole wall dedicated to your work ..lovely :) love mouse xxxx

BrendaS said...

Your Sampler walls looks just beautiful!

Brigitte said...

Oh Maggie, what a wonderful sampler wall you have. A great collection of your work and so beautifully displayed.

Lynn said...

Your sampler wall looks wonderful! I've thought about hanging my works in our stairwell but I don't pass there often enough and I want to be able to enjoy them more. So the debate is still on as to which wall.
I smiled when I saw your SAL choice. I just finished ordering the floss for this one but I'll be doing it in the blues.

Carol said...

Your sampler wall is delightful, Maggie! What wonderful work you do :)

Isabelle said...

Your wall is absolutely gorgeous ! and that's a very good idea to "show" all the things you do ! Have a nice day, Isabelle

Melanie said...

So so beautiful! Just fabulous!! :)

Mylene said...

WOW! your Sampler wall looks GORGEOUS!!!

Sally said...

Your sampler wall is gorgeous Maggie! You have some beautiful pieces there :)

Kathy said...

Oh Maggie, your sampler wall is just breathtaking. A beautiful tribute to your talent with the needle. I do love the way they are all together on that wall. A perfect setting.

Heidi said...

What is it about a sampler wall? Love yours! I have them throughout the house including the stairs which caused a mishap with a ladder putting a huge hole in the WC door in our new house...lol. I am glad we can laugh about it now.

I looked at the cat sampler and just L*O*V*E it!!!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Shelleen said...

Love the wall!

Julie said...

Your sampler wall looks wonderful Maggie

Nice chart for your new SAL, will enjoy watching that one grow

Margaret said...

Your sampler wall is stunning. Love the wonderful variety of designs.

TinaTx said...

Love your sampler wall! I'm hoping to have one someday myself!

Carolien said...

What a lovely corner this is, a joy to see!

Hugs, Carolien

Mamilou said...

De pures merveilles !!! Toutes mes félicitations !!!
Chantal ou Mamilou de Saint-Pierre et Miquelon