Pages

Sunday 19 December 2021

At the farm

This week Arty had a trip to a farm with nursery, parents were told that they could accompany their child, although it wasn't necessary.  As Jenny would be at work that day I offered to go with Arty.  

It's not very often I get to spend time alone with Arty as is in nursery on the day's Jenny works, so it was lovely to spend the day with him.  He is a completely different character to Oliver, and much more boisterous, but still great company.

He is big into animals, especially farm animals, he has a huge collection of Schleich plastic animals and they are pretty much all he plays with, so a day at a farm was perfect for him.


They had lots of piglets and Arty just loved them so much, we had to go and see they about four times, they were rather cute though 




There was an enclosure with Meerkats, they are funny little creatures aren't they?


They would all run in and have a warm every so often




I felt quite sorry for this beautiful owl, he should be out in the wild not in this enclosure.  He looked a bit scared of all the children and the noise they were making



There was a laughing Kookaburra, which I've never seen before, I was hoping to hear them, but they were not up for laughing


There were lots of goats but this one wanted his photo taken, ha ha


There were the usual sheep, ponies, deer and fowl as well, although all the ducks and chickens were confined because of avian flu.

There were some Christmas related activities too, Santa came to see the children and they got to decorate a gingerbread man and play some games and of course the children got to choose a present off Santa, Arty chose some more farm animals, of course!  to go with the other hundred or so he already has, lol.





We had a brilliant day and Arty was as good as gold.  He was absolutely shattered by the end though and slept most of the way back on the coach.

I can't believe that Christmas is now just a few short days away, I'm afraid that I'm not really in a very Christmassy mood, I'm just going through the motions.  
I've still got a lot of presents to wrap which I'm planning on tackling tomorrow, all the food shopping is done, no big shop for us, I've been buying extra treats for weeks and putting them away and I've done a rough meal plan for the week after Christmas, for which everything has been bought.   I would say that I was looking forward to a rest and some time at home but, as I don't go out to work now the days are really not going to be any different to any other day!

I will pop back and share the rest of my advent yarns with you before next weekend

Take care
-X-

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Arty is just precious! What great pics you got of him and the animals too! I loved them.

butterfly said...

What a wonderful day out with your GS .
Moments like this are so wonderful.
Have a great Christmas.

Jo said...

Now that's my kind of school trip. I'm with Arty, I love the piglets, and how cute are the meerkats trying to keep warm. What a wonderful day out. I can understand you not being in the Christmas mood this year, it's such a difficult time for you just losing your mum. I think Christmas is hard for anyone when loved ones are missing but especially so when it's all so new. Sending hugs xx

Poppypatchwork said...

Sounds a perfect day, and lovely one to one time with your grandson. We are all ready for Christmas just a few fresh bits to get later in the week. I have some hand sewing to finish the last handmade gift.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

All the children look really tired after a full day of playing with all the animals. Your grandson is so cute. Have a Merry Christmas. big hugs Lynda Ruth

Lowcarb team member said...

What a wonderful trip to the farm.
Lovely photographs you've shared.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

All the best Jan

Catherine said...

Nice place to go with children. Cute animals

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Arty looks like he had the best day ever, so nice to see, especially at the moment. I know what you mean about going through the motions, I keep trying to jolly myself along. I really want to try and enjoy the festive season, but have just heard my brother in law and sister in law have contracted Covid. Which very sadly puts paid to my Mother in law and Father in law spending Christmas with them. It's all still a terrible muddle with this bloomin Covid, let's hope we can see it off in the New Year.

Jackie said...

What a little cutie Arty is. When our youngest was that age he was in love with dinosaurs and had more plastic dinosaurs than anything else.

Christmas and where/how it will be spent is up in the air right now. If Kurt can't make it home due to car problems we will probably pack up and travel the 9 hours to his place. Picking up Kris and the cat on the way.

God bless.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It looks and sounds as if you both had a great day.