Pages

Monday 21 February 2022

Not done a lot



This little In Threes Cardigan is about the only thing I've finished so far this month.  This wasn't a planned cast on, I was looking through some stash and this yarn was amongst it.  I think it's a wash and wear yarn, I've had it so long and no longer have the ball band, it was nice to work with and I know it will stand up to being chucked in the machine and still keep it it's shape.
I still haven't finished my jumper, I got fed up working on the sleeve, although, If I made the effort I could probably finish it in a couple of nights, there are only  a few more decreases and then the cuff to knit, not much at all.  
I pulled my back three weeks ago and just haven't felt like doing much, that first week was a real struggle, getting dressed in the morning was an acomplishment in itself!
I was putting off going to the doctor because, well, they only tell you to take painkillers and rest don't they.  But, it was working down my leg so I did go in the end, and yes, I was told painkillers and rest and given a set of exercises to do, but at least it ruled out anything else, not siatica, not coming from my hip, it was just a case of me pulling something.  Thankfully after a week of cocodamol and doing the excersises I'm feeling much better.

It's half term this week and I have Bonnie staying over, it's the first time she's been for a sleepover, she was fine last night, didn't want to sleep in the single bed though, she wanted to sleep with nanny.  She was fine, never stired all night, I on the other hand had an awful nights sleep, lol.
I'm dropping her back home at lunchtime so I can go to my book club, (daddy is working from home), Joanne will bring her back round later, it just saves Joanne some time in the morning when she goes to work.

It's still wet and windy here, much the same as everywhere else in the UK.  One of our fence panels has fallen victim to the winds, it's not broken so should just slot back in place.  Mark cancelled his flight to Belfast for this morning, there was a very good chance of flights being cancelled because of the weather, so he transferred it to tomorrow in the hope that things will be a little better.
 
I have a few things booked to take Bonnie to this week so hopefully I'll be posting again during the week, and will also get around to visiting blogs too

-X-

11 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

I never sleep well when Will sleeps over, we have never had a problem with him, but I always keep waking up and listening for him.

Jo said...

I'm glad your back is starting to feel a little better, I never realised how bad back pain can be until I started suffering from sciatica last year, it's so debilitating but, touch wood, I've been much better so far this year. The little cardigan is lovely, I enjoy knitting baby garments as they're done with so quickly and you can see something for your efforts. We've got some damage to our fence too, Mick was going to patch it up, it's our neighbours fence but they're an older couple so Mick usually does any mending for them. Anyway, he was speaking to them today and they're going to put a whole new fence in, so that will save Mick a job. Looking forward to hearing what you get up to this week.

linda said...

I'm glad that your back is improving, mine goes off now and then and it's so inconvenient, I love the little jacket it's a lovely colour. It seems that everyone is having problems with their fences and not surprising really, mine isn't down yet but it needs six new posts and it sways in the wind, it's going to be April before they can fix it. Have a great week.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad back, glad the painkillers and exercises are helping. It is certainly windy out there with more to come so they say

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased to read that your back is feeling a lot better.

These storms have been awful haven't they, we've just hunkered down ...
I am so looking forward to Spring.

Take care, and I hope half term week goes well.

All the best Jan

butterfly said...

Lovely knitted top , so sweet.
Sorry about your back get well soon.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Oh no, bad backs are the pits and they seem to take so long to mend. Thank goodness yours is getting better. It's good that you had little damage during the storm.

Jackie said...

How lovely that Bonnie stayed the night.

Love the colour of the little sweater.

God bless.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Sorry to hear about your back playing up. Mine has been lately, completely out of the blue. It's really painful and a nuisance in equal measure, so I know how you're feeling. The little cardigan is adorable.

Linda P said...

It sounds like a busy time. I remember those days of looking after the grandchildren when they were young. It was fun when feeling well and helped our daughters with child care. I hope you feel better soon. Also getting out and about I hope you and your husband stay safe in the changeable weather. Enjoy your book club. I hope to go to mine next week. I missed one meeting because I had a painful knee which is still giving me problems, but will try and make the effort to get to a social kind of get together.

Carol said...

I'm glad you don't have sciatica, Maggie... I suffered from it a lot last year (I blame carrying and picking up my grandson!). But, I've been much better this year, thankfully. Sure hope all is well soon. Your cardigan is lovely--such a beautiful rich color. Take care now and I hope you enjoy your weekend ♥