Pages

Sunday 13 March 2022

A bit more knitting

I finished another little In Threes cardigan for Bonnie.  These are so quick and easy to knit up and are great for using up those odd bits in your stash.  I have a fair amount of acrylic yarn, I have no problem knitting with acrylic, it's perfect for babies and children as it's easily washed in the washing machine.
I'm sure Joanne has enough to do without hand washing things made from hand dyed yarn.

I played around with the number of stitches this time as the last one I made for her in DK yarn was only just big enough, even though I knitted the largest size.  The pattern is written for aran or worsted yarn but it is also simple enough to alter the numbers and make it bigger using DK. 
If I can do it, it must be easy!


Bonnie chose the buttons herself, she does love her pink :-)


The weather was lovely yesterday, a bit windy, but not cold.  I sowed some seeds, marigolds, poppies and black eyed susan and hoed the middle bed and one of the side borders, it looks a bit tidier now and the daffodils and crocus here and there are a giving a lovely pop of colour.






 The grass is still too wet to cut, but it's not needed at the moment anyway, good job really as it looks like we had quite a lot of rain during the night, judging by the puddles.

Never mind, according to the weather forecast we are in for a heatwave  😎

-X-

10 comments:

Jo said...

The little cardigan is lovely and no sleeves to bother with, sleeves are my worst bit of knitting cardigans. It's feeling more spring-like now, there's starting to be a little heat in the sun and it's nice to see flowers popping up all over the place.

Shelly said...

What a pretty cardigan! I think your garden will be beautiful. I love those kind of flowers.

linda said...

The little cardigan is lovely and well done on sewing your seeds already, I have been thinking about it but that's as far as I've got, it's still too cold here for me to do anything in the garden yet. Looking forward to that heatwave.

butterfly said...

Lovely knitting Maggie .
Lovely signs of Spring in your garden , makes you feel so good.
We started our seeds to.
Enjoy your week .

Carol said...

Bonnie's little cardigan is darling, Maggie! And I've always loved the combination of gray and pink together so I think she made a great choice on the buttons!

How wonderful to have flowers blooming already--we had seven inches of snow on Saturday. Can you imagine?! No blooms here for a while, I'm afraid. Enjoy your week ♥

Lowcarb team member said...

Seeing your last sentence made me laugh because I had only just told Eddie that I'd read that too ... will it be right, I wonder?

I love your knitting and those pink buttons are lovely.

Your garden is looking good, Spring is such a lovely season.

Have a good week.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

Cute sweater and lovely buttons. They are set off so nicely with the colour of the yarn.

How nice that you can get to garden now.

God bless.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

I totally agree with you about acrylic yarns. I do love posh yarns but sometimes the practicality can be the most important thing. I've ruined a few hand knit things in my time because the yarn was not up to being washed.

Linda P said...

I wish I could follow a pattern Maggie as your knitted cardigan is so sweet. Bonnie has chosen pretty buttons. :)

Robin said...

The sweater is adorable. I am in awe of those who can knit. Just when we have had enough of winter, I love how the gardens springs to life and look so cheery. Nice to be able to get outside and get your hands in the dirt.