Pages

Wednesday 26 October 2022

A this and that post



The Christmas Eve Wishes blanket CAL started last Thursday.  I completed my first section over the weekend.  I was worried about working the bobble stitch on this section, I needn't have, the video tutorial was excellent and loved working them, the second photos shows the back of the work.  The second part will be released tomorrow morning, that week's gone so quick, it's the section with the snowflakes this week.

It's half term here this week, Jenny has this week off with the boys and Joanne has got the next three days off with Bonnie so I've only had nanny duties two days this week.  We went to the zoo on Monday, me Jenny and the four children.  The rain held off until we stopped for lunch and stopped again as we were finishing eating, so that was lucky.  Here are a few photos from our day.

(Bonnie has a blue tongue because she had just eaten a blue bubblegum lolly pop)







Yesterday Bonnie was here with me, (Jacob was at nursery).  She helped me in the garden getting all the leaves up, she filled a basket with acorns and a bucket with sticks and twigs, that saved my back from all the bending, lol.  The leaves have started falling very fast now, the garden was all tidy when we finished, well as tidy as it can be in Autumn, but when I looked out this morning you would never know I'd done anything!  It's a continual battle this time of year, I filled our green bin plus one bin liner yesterday, luckily we have six extra green bin collections, so disposal will be much easier this time. 


We've had roadworks in our street all week, they are replacing the gas pipes, what a mess! there is mud everywhere.  Apparently a leak was discovered in the road, guess who's house it was near?  Yeah, had to be mine didn't it!  Myself and a neighbour were without gas for four days because it was over the weekend, and they don't work weekends, apparently.  So they discovered it on Friday and told us, made it safe and it was then left until Monday.  I wasn't too fussed about the heating because it's still quite mild here, we have electric cooker and hob, so cooking wasn't a problem, it's not the weather to have freezing cold showers though , luckily the girls live quite close so we were able to go and have showers there.  They finally re-connected us yesterday morning.  We're not totally convinced there was a leak that wasn't of their making, if there is a gas leak you can smell it, and there was no smell before they started working.  Don't suppose we will ever find out for sure though.
They have filled the holes now, just waiting for the tarmacers to come and make it all good.

After two busy days I'm going to have an easy one today, all my daily jobs are done so I'm going to sit and have a coffee and catch up on some Vlogtober videos.  It's stitching group tonight, book club on Thursday and I have another class on Friday morning, which I haven't told you about but will soon, so a busy week all-round for a change. 

-X-

10 comments:

Jo said...

You've made a good start on your blanket, it will be nice to see it grow part by part, it makes it more manageable when the pattern is released this way. It looks like the children had a good time at the zoo. I should imagine they all keep each other entertained being so close in age. There's always roadworks around our small town, one of the main roads is closed off at the moment in fact, and British Gas were working on the roads where I used to live for nearly a year before we moved. They put in new pipework from one end of the estate to the other before realising that what they'd been laying wasn't right and had to start all over again. Madness!

Carol said...

Your Christmas Eve Wishes blanket is looking so pretty, Maggie. I do love that shade of green you've chosen to accompany the white and the red. And what a fun day at the zoo for you and Jenny and your grandkids. My are they ever growing up! As always, your photographs are wonderful and the tiger is especially handsome. Hope all the roadwork gets patched up and life goes back to normal. Gas leaks are always especially worrisome. Glad you can at least shower at home again :) Take care now and enjoy this last bit of October ♥

MartinaM said...

A very nice start of your blanket.
You can see how much fun the kids are having, autumn and all the foliage is really pretty.
I wish you a nice weekend
Martina

butterfly said...

Nice start on the Christmas blanket.
Lovely family photos.
Yes, I know what you mean, those leaves keep falling down.
Enjoy your week.

Poppypatchwork said...

So much fun and laughter with the children, I do like your blanket start, I wish I could do more than basic crochet.

Jackie said...

How lovely that you are getting a bit of time with the grandchildren. They are a great bunch and always seem to be happy.

Yep, we thought we had the yard cleaned up but no, with the snow and wind we now have more leaves in the yard. Once it dries up, we will be attacking those as well.

God bless.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see the photographs of the grandchildren, it certainly looks like they enjoyed their visit to the zoo.

Hope your week and weekend has gone well.
Hard to believe that we will soon be in November!

All the best Jan

meandmysmallcorner said...


The Christmas blanket is already looking fab and I can't wait to see more of it.
It also looks like a great deal of fun was had at the zoo by everyone. Have a lovely week Maggie

Rachel Flowers said...

hello = popped by from Poppy Patchwork's blog and I love the colours in your lovely neat crochet. It's not something I have mastered yet but I do keep trying!

Paula said...

I'm Paula from Colorado, I have been blogging for a while now, and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had endometriosis and herpes virus for 18 years and I never thought I would ever get a cure due to the terrible symptoms I had and this made it impossible for me to get pregnant even after 12 years of marriage, and it was a serious issue. Furthermore, I got to know about Dr. Itua on a Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cure and gave her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua, and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give it a try too and use his herbal medicine. That was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 this December, and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory, Diabetes, Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back,  If you have (A just reach his on (drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or order herbs from his herbs store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital issues. He's a good man.