Pages

Monday 19 December 2022

December 19th

 This week is going to fly by but I would like to find the time to get at least a couple of posts before Christmas is upon us.

Bonnie came to spend the day today.  School has finished and she said it was boring staying with daddy while he worked and could she stay with nanny instead.  She's no trouble at all so I didn't mind, although I had planned on wrapping the last of the presents today, that job has now been added to tomorrows list and I'll be glad when it's done because It's not something I really enjoy doing.

She was excited to help me ice and decorate the Christmas cake I made a few weeks ago.  I was late making it but I used a fruit mix that is already soaked in brandy so that eliminated the need for weeks of feeding.  I've used it before and the cake turned out lovely, I'll report back on the verdict of this one once we have tasted it next week.


I used both the ready to roll marzipan and fondant icing, they are so easy to use, and why make work for yourself at this time of year 😉 
Bonnie cut out some stars for decoration and rolled snowballs from the icing for the penguins to have a snowball fight.  I think it came out really cute.

Can you spot the penguin who got a snowball in the face, (oops, that was nanny's idea 🤣)


Mark isn't keen on Christmas cake so I hope there will be some that will like a slice, otherwise I'm going to put a stone on over Christmas!

-X-

11 comments:

Christine said...

This cake is adorable and what a good memory to make with your granddaughter! Have a wonderful Christmas and thank you for sharing on your blog!

Gabi said...

The cake looks so beautiful. Nice deco with the penguins.
Have a merry C.hristmas

Carin said...

Maggie that cake is amazing !!!

Jo said...

Your cakes always turn out so lovely. I'm not sure I'd want to cut into it though, it's too cute with those penguins.

Heritage Hall said...

What a whimsical creation.. just a winner. Thank
you for the idea of the ready fondant, probably a
time/effort saver. What sweet memories you are
collecting for your little ones. Your relationship with them is quite special. Have a festive and
rewarding Christmastide in the spirit of its true
meaning. Bless you, Maggie.

Lowcarb team member said...

I just love your cake.
It's almost too cute to eat :)

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

What a lovely cake. Almost too beautiful to cut into. Bonnie did a great job on the stars and snowballs.

God bless.

Gill - That British Woman said...

the decorations on the cake are just so cute and look so well made.

We as a family hate dried fruit, so no Christmas cake, mince pies, plum pudding in this household over Christmas!!

MartinaM said...

Wow, your Christmas cake looks amazing. A true masterpiece.
I wish you a merry christmas
Hugs, Martina

butterfly said...

That cake is just beautiful , shame you have to cut it .
Yes I would eat it all to. Happy Christmas to you and your family .
Hugs June.

Carol said...

Oh, such a darling cake--those penguins are just the cutest!