Pages

Wednesday 21 December 2022

December 21st -The socks of 2022

The last two pairs of sock for 2022 have been finished, a pair for each of my son-in-laws.
I haven't gifted socks before so I hope that they like them and that the fit will be ok.

Both were knitted in The West Yorkshire Spinners signature 4ply in the Blue Tit and Mallard colourways with a contrast colour for the cuff heel and toes.

Blue Tit Colourway


Mallard colourway


That brings the total number of socks knitted this year to nine pairs.  
I'm quite happy with that.  

They have all been plain socks, so next year I think I will have to challenge myself to try some simple patterns, I also want to use some of my lovely hand dyed yarn in 2023, all except two of the ones knitted this year have been made using commercial sock yarn, which is great, but now I've got more confident I would like to try something else.

-X-

6 comments:

MartinaM said...

So many beautiful socks, wonderful colors.
There are many beautiful and simple patterns that you can try something with, you will surely find something nice.
I wish you a merry christmas.
Martina

Jo said...

You're on a roll with your socks. They're so addictive, aren't they. There's some lovely patterns to try, though I have to admit that I have a few favourites which I keep going back to.

butterfly said...

Wow look at all those socks I was going to knit some this year, but never got to knit any. I love yours they look wonderful.
Happy Christmas hugs June.

Carol said...

Oh, these are all wonderful, Maggie! They put the plain black and grey ones that I normally wear to shame :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice looking socks.

Merry Christmas Wishes.

All the best Jan

Gill - That British Woman said...

what lucky people they are to receive some hand knitted socks. I wish I could knit socks, but I find it much too difficult for me. I am posting something I knit on Friday's (23rd) blog post.

Merry Christmas!!