Pages

Saturday 3 December 2022

December 3rd

Merry Christmas by The Drawn Thread

Stitched on 32 count linen with the recommended threads



I can't exactly remember when I finished stitching this piece, it's been a while though,  I've got a feeling It was in 2020 but I can't be sure as I can't find any mention of it here on my blog.   
I only got round to taking it to be framed in late July and got it back at the beginning of November.  I know they have been very busy with framing and I did say that I was in no rush but would like it for December.   

I knew from the begining how I wanted this finished and it's come out exactly how I imagined it would.  I love these seasonal pieces mounted in a frame deep enough that they stand unaided, and I don't have any glass on them as they are displayed for only a short time. 

As with other pieces I've had professionally framed this was done at my LNS by Mark at Betty Stitch Kit in Quarry Bank. https://www.bettystitchkit.com/

-X=

11 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Doesn't it pay to get it framed professionally, you can tell the difference, lovely.
Briony
x

Lowcarb team member said...

That really does look lovely :)

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Carin said...

It is a beautiful piece.

Diana said...

Great piece and the perfect frame!

linda said...

I't beautiful, how lovely to have that to display every year.

Jo said...

Fabulous. It's nice to have seasonal pieces which you're able to get out and display with the other decorations. The framing really sets it off.

Jackie said...

How lovely. The frame really sets the stitching off.

God bless.

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching and Frame.
Have a lovely week hugs June.

Sandy said...

Beautiful. A good frame can make all the difference with a stitched piece. You selected just the right one.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful - I am quite a fan of The Drawn Thread's designs

Carol said...

I love this so much, Maggie! That frame is fantastic for this design, too. I began this a few years ago--really need to get back and finish it up. Those birds are so cute!