Pages

Monday 16 January 2023

Monday Stitching update

For my birthday in December 2020 my eldest daughter bought me The Meadow by Bothy Threads.  I didn't do much stitching last year but, since Christmas I seem to have got my enthusiasm back for it and made a start on Boxing Day


After that I didn't pick it up again until last week when I worked a little every day.  I found it slow going at first because I don't usually stitch things that require lots of colour changes, the bunny section has different shades of browns and I found myself getting confused over which symbol matched which brown once they were stitched.  I think I'm getting the hang of it now but it takes a bit more concentration than my normal stitching.  The flowers are much easier and I'm sure will be quicker to stitch.


This one will be put to one side this week while I work on my Stick6in2023 SAL.  We have January and February to work on the first number chosen, (N0. 4), mine will probably take most of those two months as I'm alternating weekly with The Meadow, plus, I have chosen a medium sized chart to stitch.

That's all for now, I have a busy week this week, picking the boys up two days and I've two doctors appointments, (one is for a smear test, ugh, but it's got to be done hasn't it), one is for a medication check-up and I also have a physio appointment about my ankle.

Hope you all have a good week

-X-

14 comments:

Dee said...

That little bunny is SO sweet.

butterfly said...

What a darling design , I love it .
You have done well with your stitching already.
Have a fun week hugs June.

Lowcarb team member said...

That bunny is so cute, it's going to look great.
Hope your your doctor's and Physio appointments go well.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

What a lovely cross stitch kit.

I hope all your appointments go well.

God bless.

Gill - That British Woman said...

love that, I am so tempted to place an order with Bothy Threads......with the sale on....

MartinaM said...

a cute motif, the little curious rabbit. I also know about the many color changes, it is sometimes very exhausting and bad when the light is not so good. But slow progress is nice too, and then you'll have it done and you can enjoy it.
I'm already looking forward to your motif for 6in2023.
I wish you a nice week despite doctor's appointments,
Martina

Jo said...

I love the Wrendale designs but I can imagine how time consuming it would be with all those colour changes. Worth it though for the overall effect. Hope all the appointments go well.

Poppypatchwork said...

Brilliant start on a very pretty kit, I can see why you are happy stitching again. Hope all is well with your appointments, smears are uncomfortable but necessary.

Manuela said...

Hello Maggie,
a lovely motiv. The little bunny is so cute.
I don't like change many colours too. But when I did it, I'm proud that I did it. A little progress is a progress.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Lyndsey said...

That is a very cute cross stitch. I'm not a great fan of having a lot of colour changes but it does look effective when finished.

meandmysmallcorner said...


I know what you mean about getting confused with all the shades of one colour used on a design. Your stitching is looking lovely already and a wrong colour here and there with the brown shouldn't spoil the overall effect.
Thank you for sharing your granola recipe too x

Carol said...

Oh, I have such trouble with those charts with multiple color changes these days, Maggie! I hardly stitch them any longer because I find myself frustrated. I do love that sweet bunny and the fabric that you're using adds so much.

Best of luck with your appointments--not my favorite thing either! ♥

Linda P said...

I hope you got some stitching done in between medical appointments and looking after the boys. All the best Maggie.

Bridgette said...

This is a beautiful design and you are making great progess! Keep them needles moving :)
Looking forward to seeing that bunny grow and grow.