Pages

Wednesday 8 March 2023

So far this week

I finally finished the socks I cast on at Christmas.  I've lost the ball band but I'm fairly sure the yarn is a sock set from West Green Loft Yarns.   I've noticed that the previous socks I've knitted have started to feel a little loose so I went down to 68 stitches for these and the fit seem much better.  I don't think I could get away with 64 stitches, they might be a little tight to get on but I will wear these for a while and see how they feel and perhaps try a 64 stitch sock at some point for comparison.


I spent most of Saturday in the garden, the weather forecast said that this week was going to turn colder and I wanted to do one last tidy up of the leaves before the garden waste collection today.   There are lots of things coming up, the daffs are almost there and the tulips shouldn't be too far behind.  At least now the last of the leaves are cleared we will be able to see them better


Yesterday was forecast to be the best day of the week so I decided to go for a walk, it's been ages since I got out for a decent walk, I chose a canal walk that is near to where my eldest daughter lives and about ten minutes drive from me.




I didn't think there would be so much wildlife on the water and I regretted not taking something for them.



It was quite chilly despite that lovely blue sky and those fluffy clouds, a perfect day for a walk.


I walked further than I intended as I took a wrong turn and ended up on a different section of the canal and had to re-trace my steps to get back to where I should have been.  Oh well, It boosted my step count for the day!

Today the weather couldn't be more different, we have some snow.  Now don't laugh, this is as much snow as we've had this year, I doubt it will get any worse, it's already turned to sleet.


Today I've done my usual Wednesday morning aqua fit class and a pile of ironing so I think I've earned a couple of house sitting with my stitching, It's too horrible out there to do anything else.

Tomorrow I have a hair appointment and Friday Is sewing day and then It will be the weekend again, these weeks keep rolling by don't they.

Enjoy the rest of your week

-X-

13 comments:

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Oh those socks look super snuggly. I'm still working on my 'I'm a luxury' jumper. Nearly finished the lettering then the knitting will really speed up. I fully intend to make a big batch of socks for next Winter, maybe as seasonal gifts. Keep warm.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your socks, what a lovely colourway they are.

A beautiful walk by the canal, your photographs are lovely.

LOL at your snow, although some areas have had it quite bad with schools shut.

Enjoy the rest of your week, they really do go by so quickly.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

What lovely socks and they fit so well!!!

Looks like you had a marvelous walk by the canal and your garden looks nicely cleaned up.

God bless.

MartinaM said...

very nice your socks
what a beautiful view on your walk, it was really worth it.
It also snowed quite heavily here yesterday, and an hour later it turned to rain and the snow was gone quickly, when will it finally feel?
Enjoy your weekend
Martina

Poppypatchwork said...

I love your socks, I cast on tight, so I have had to learn to make socks loose at the top, your colours go well together. Your photos are great, it's good to have somewhere interesting to walk. No snow here along the south coast.

butterfly said...

Great socks I like the colour.
Wonderful photos .
We had no snow after all the warnings.
Just rain, Have a fun week hugs June.

Manuela said...

Your socks looks great.
Wonderful photos.
Today we had snow in the morning. The snow has gone, but it is cold outside.
Enjoy your day. Manuela

Sandy said...

Socks look so warm and comfy. One of these days, I must try my hand at making a pair. Looks like you had quite a day to get a good walk in, even if you did get slightly lost. The garden area looks great. I will have to start doing that when we get home. The spring clean up is a job and a half. I think I need to downsize my beds. Hope that's all the snow you get.

Gill - That British Woman said...

piles and piles of snow here for us in Southern Ontario. Very envious of your green grass and spring flowers.

Lyndsey said...

I loved following your walk along the canal, great photos.

My Creative Life said...

It's taken me a long time to be happy with knitted socks. Christine has been fantastic helping with the sizing up of her basic Supersocks pattern. I went for 56 stitches I think... the size below the first. I've thin ankles but size 8 feet. All ok now, I've put a pair to one side whist I knit a KAL scarf.
I love the duck colouring, I often used to feed the ducks in town. I used to keep some bird seed in the boot. I've temporary disabled my Instagram account and for now am slowing down in blog writing again. Cathy x

Carol said...

Beautiful socks, Maggie! I love seeing your photos of the area where you live and your pretty garden. We've had very little snow this winter, too! Maybe 4-6 inches in total. It's been a most unusual season! Have a lovely week ♥

meandmysmallcorner said...


Fabulous socks.They look very cosy and the colours are perfect.
It looks like you had a great walk along the canal and such lovely photos of the wildlife.