Pages

Thursday 2 March 2023

School was never this much fun

Today is World Book Day so school uniform is abandoned and all the children get to dress up as a character from a book.  I thought I'd share the photos that were sent to me this morning of the kids and their chosen costumes.

Jacob loves tigers so he chose The Tiger Who Came To Tea


Bonnie chose The Queen of Hearts, (Alice In Wonderland)

(Mummy did the face painting for both of them)


Oliver chose Where's Wally

I had to chuckle, doesn't he look the part


And Arty, bless him.  He wanted to be the witch from Room On The Broom
Never mind that it meant him wearing a dress, he was all up for that, lol

He is such a character, I hope he never loses that spirit


I think they all look fantastic, I bet it was entertaining being at school today :-)

-X-

11 comments:

Heritage Hall said...

The height of creativity...what fun!!! Their Mother
is really talented and the little ones are perfect
models...Thank you for this live, happy note from the books that delight children.. Kudoes...

Carol said...

What delightful costumes! I bet the kids had a very memorable day at school today, Maggie--they all look adorable :)

Jackie said...

What fun, and great costumes and face painting.

God bless.

Debi said...

What wonderful, fun, imaginative costumes! I loved book character day when I worked at school.

butterfly said...

How cute , they all look great.

Poppypatchwork said...

I agree with your statement, I love school, but it never was this much fun. The children look fantastic. I love all our grandsons photos, so many smiles.

Jo said...

They all look fabulous, and what talented daughters you having making them look so. And good for Arty, why should boys have to stick to boy characters, plenty of girls dress up as boys.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Arty as a witch, just perfect. Great costumes all round and yes, such fun.

Linda P said...

Your grandchildren look happy in their various costumes. I'm sure World Book Day was great fun for the teachers as well as the children. The theme book this year where our daughter teaches was One Hundred and One Dalmatians. Even the Head dressed up. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

What fun!
They all look fantastic and Jacob's and Bonnies face paint is brilliant.

Have a lovely weekend.

All the best Jan

meandmysmallcorner said...


All the children look fantastic in their costumes Maggie. Mummy did a wonderful job painting faces to complete the characters. I hope all the children had great fun on World Book Day and the day encouraged more interest in reading from a young age .