Pages

Monday 3 April 2023

Going into April

I have a few projects that are almost finished, a baby cardigan that needs buttons, a cardigan for Bonnie that needs the button bands picking up and knitting and a pair of socks that are at the point of doing the toe decreases.  All so close yet not fully finished.   Is it just me, or does anyone else get something almost done and then sort of looses momentum?  

Last week was a busy one, I was on nanny duty for four days and two visits to the vets with Millie and Molly, they were due jabs and a check-up, all ok with Molly, Millie, not so good, we are waiting for thyroid blood test results, hopefully they will be back sometime this week and I will give you an update next time.  So, not much time for stitching or knitting this past week, just the odd hour here and there.  I'm still working on my stick6in23 piece and loving it, I'm on track to get this one finished perhaps this coming weekend.  

And, talking of Stick6in23, I collected my first finish for this SAL from the framers on Saturday.


Finished as another box frame. I love how it came out.  I used my local needlework shop again, Betty Stitch Kit in Quarry Bank. 


**********************

The weather was mostly wet all last week so I didn't manage to get out for a decent walk, other than when I was collecting the kids, but I managed to persuade Mark to come walking along another section of the Stourbridge canal with me last Saturday.  Our starting point was a ten minute drive away at Stourton, walking back towards where I'd started out from on my last walk.



The weather was quite nice we did have a little bit of rain along the way, but it lasted a few minutes, not enough to put us off



If anyone is up for a challenge this wreck is up for sale, £250, serious offers only, so the notice said
🤣🤣


Loved these houses backing onto the canal, I would love to sit out there in the Summer





After an hour we were back at the bridge where the canal splits again, ahead to Amblecote, and to the right Stourbridge and the Bonded Warehouse, (where I started last time).  We had been walking for about an hour to this point so decided to turn and walk back to where we had left the car.  I'm really enjoying discovering these local canal walks, I find it strange that you can't really work out where you are, it feels like you are in the middle of the countryside, yet you know that a town or a main road it not very far away.  As we drove home we tried to work out where we had walked in relation to the road and even though at one point you could see across the fields you would never have known there was such a lovely peaceful walk to be had.

Mark doesn't really see the point in walking for the sake of it but he must have enjoyed it because he suggested taking the other route towards Wolverhampton this Saturday, we weren't able to do it though because I had plans to take these two rascals on an easter trail with Joanne



We did find the Easter Bunny at the end, but Jacob refused to have his photo taken with him, lol

I've not long got home from my aqua class, I'm really enjoying these classes, at first I wasn't sure I would but they have now become something that I do twice a week, and I feel better for getting out of the house, having some routine and of course the exercise.  As it's another beautiful day today my afternoon job is to clean out the summer house and perhaps even sit in there for a while later.  It gets really warm in there late afternoon so I may take my stitching and have an hour later.

If I don't pop back before next weekend I hope you have a lovely Easter!

-X-

11 comments:

Ana Dunk said...

Please explain to me the significance of canals. Here in Michigan, USA, we have an occasional canal of short distance where water wanders in from a large lake into a low-lying area and in Florida, they are inlets from the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. But yours seem to go on for miles and miles. I can't figure out their origin. Are they salt water from the ocean? Or are they fed from inland streams? So many of the bloggers I read about feature them in their posts. I wondered if they are rivers or streams by another name. They must be deep in order for the canal boats to traverse them.

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching ,love the frame .
Great photos , shame about the rain , we had it for a week to.
Have a good Easter hugs June.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

The picture with the Easter bunny is fab, so happy.

Debi said...

What a lovely place to walk. It looks very peaceful, and, of course, pretty. Love how your stitchwork turned out. Have a great week!

Poppypatchwork said...

Such lovely walks so near to your home, your stitching is beautiful and framed so nicely. I am loving the sunny weather today, was good to be outside, and another day gardening tomorrow.

MartinaM said...

The framework to this sampler looks beautiful, it fits together perfectly.
Thanks for the beautiful pictures, and that of the Easter bunny, really pretty.
enjoy the Easter week and Happy Easter.
Martina

Manuela said...

The frame is perfect for this stitching finish.
Thank you for the wonderful photos.
Happy Easter to you and your family.
Manuela

Carol said...

Such a pretty framed Prairie Schooler finish, Maggie--and love the photos of the kids enjoying the Easter festivities! Happy Easter ♥

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely post ...
That is such a lovely walk along by the canal, you are becoming quite a keen
gongoozler!
See this post here:-
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2017/12/jan-and-i-are-active-gongoozlers.html

Beautiful Easter pictures.
I wish you a wonderful Easter, we are seeing family at the weekend, so hoping for good weather.

All the best Jan

meandmysmallcorner said...

Your cross stitch April picture is lovely and the framing is perfect. I enjoyed the walk along the canal with you and agree those canal side homes look idealic.
Hope you get to spend time in your summerhouse over the weekend. Happy Easter x

San Manuel said...

Thanks for your hard work and commitment in creating this blog