Pages

Monday 10 April 2023

Happy Easter

I finished the socks I cast on in March.  These are knit using yarn that Jo gifted to me at Christmas, (or it might have been for my birthday in December, I forget which now).  The colourway is Peony by Wool Is The Answer and the pattern is Library Socks by The Kitchen Sink Shop, a free pattern on Ravelry.

I love how they came out.  The pattern is a simple four row repeat and easy to memorise.  I used a mini from my stash for the contrast heels and toes which turned out to be a great match for the beautiful main colourway.



A while ago I treated myself to one of the Spring Gift Boxes from West Green Loft Yarns, It arrived a couple of weeks ago and I saved it to open as my Easter Treat.  Here's what was in the box.



I'm away for a week soon so going to save this to cast on then.

The kids came round yesterday to hunt for eggs and stayed a couple of hours but we hadn't planned any family get together, which turned out to be a blessing because I'm not feeling too good.  

Last Wednesday I had a vertigo attack, not severe, but enough to keep me in bed until late afternoon.  It had passed the next day but on Thursday night my throat started to hurt and on Friday morning my body felt like it had been run over by a truck!  I gradually felt worse over Saturday and developed a dry cough, my voice was no more than a squeak on Sunday and I feel no better this morning, although thankfully I'm not coughing as much.  I haven't felt this bad in years, even when I had Covid eighteen months ago I didn't feel this bad.  I know symptoms of Covid have changed so I have done tests everyday and they are all negative.  If I feel no better tomorrow I'll call the docs but for now I'm drinking copious amounts hot water with honey, lemon and ginger and taking paracetamol for the throat pain.  

I'll sign off with some photos from the garden, the weather was really quite lovely a few days last week and everything looks very Spring-like and lush.





I hope you all had a lovely Easter and have enjoyed this Bank Holiday weekend.
Take care

-X-

13 comments:

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Oh Maggie, sorry to hear you're under the weather. I had a patch of benign vertigo a few months back, it's no fun. Sounds like you're looking after yourself though so i hope you soon feel better. Your socks always look nothing short of perfection and that pale lemon and green yarn looks wondrous. I can't wait to see what you make with it.

meandmysmallcorner said...


Pretty blooms in the garden. Sorry you have not been well and hope you feel better very soon. Pink socks look fab and even better to have used a little bit of your yarn stash xx

Heritage Hall said...

O Maggie dear, so sorry to hear you are under the
weather...hope you will be feeling ship/shape in
no time. Take care.... Just love the socks that you always do to perfection.. The Spring yarn colors are so soothing and your garden is a feast for the eyes.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the socks and you have some lovely flowers in your garden.

So sorry you are not feeling too good at the moment.
I do hope you feel better soon, sending my good wishes.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

What a lovely garden. Those socks are lovely and I am glad you have finished them.

Sorry you are under the weather, hope you feel better soon.

God bless.

Debi said...

I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. The socks are really beautiful. I love the yarn and the contrasting toes and heels are nice! Can't wait to see what you make with the new yarn. Take care of yourself!

MartinaM said...

Your socks are beautiful and your new yarn set is gorgeous. I like the delicate colors.
I wish you a speedy recovery, take it easy, take care of yourself, and get back on your feet soon.
Martina

butterfly said...

Lovely socks . Your garden looks beautiful.
Sorry you are not feeling so good , get well soon, hugs June.

Poppypatchwork said...

Your garden is stunning, it's great to reap the rewards of your hard work and enjoy your view. Love the pink and green socks, I'm not a pink person, so not a colour I would use. I do love the green and yellow mixture yarn. Hope you feel better soon.

Carol said...

Ugh! I hate vertigo attacks... I do hope you've fully recovered, Maggie. I have only had two, but both were terrible--hospitalized for one and had to cancel vacation plans for the other.

Your blooms look so lovely against that bright blue sky. We are having a warm spell here this week so I'm hoping to see a few things popping out in my yard soon. Take care now... ♥

Manuela said...

Hello Maggie,
you knitted wonderful socks. I like the colour.
The new yarn is beautiful.
Have a nice week. Manuela

My Creative Life said...

I hope that you're feeling better now. Lovely flowers and beautifully knitted socks. Take care, Cathy x

Jo said...

I hope you're feeling better by now, there's lots of things doing the rounds at the moment. The yarn I gifted you for Christmas has knit up beautifully, such pretty colours and you've combined it with the perfect contrast and pattern. I love the colours in the West Green Loft Yarn too, gorgeous. Your garden is looking lovely, it's nice to see lots of colour around now after the grey days of winter.