Pages

Wednesday 10 May 2023

This week

I finished the socks I cast on when I was away while watching the coronation on Saturday.  The yarn is by Felt Fusion in the colourway Little Dancer on their hight twist zebra base.  In hindsight I wish I had used a contrast for the heel and toes, still, I think they came out fine and no one sees heels and toes when they are in your shoes do they 😉

 

Last Thursday Oliver and Arty had an inset day, Jenny was at work so dropped them here in the morning and I took them for a day out at Wightwick Manor.  It's somewhere I've been a few times, as  have the boys, the grounds are lovely, there is plenty of open space for the boys to run around and as it was a school day for most children It was fairly quiet.  Luckily the weather was nice enough for us to sit and enjoy our picnic outside where we could watch the baby geese.  Once the  boys had burnt off some energy running round we went to look around inside the house, I didn't take any photos of the interior this time but I've posted a couple times previously about Wightwick Manor, if you want to have a peek, here in 2016 and here in 2021.  In one of the final rooms was a dressing up box, they both had fun trying on different outfits, I managed to get Arty to stand still long enough to get a photo.






 The weather is a bit hit and miss at the moment, shame it rained all day for the coronation, although it didn't seem to dampen anyones spirit for celebrating in London, Sunday was a much better day, very warm and sunny, good job too as there were many street parties organised, including one in our little  cul de sac.  We had jobs to get done so didn't go, but I did send along a couple of bottles and our apologies for not joining in this time.

That's about all the goings on this week, I'll leave you with some photos of the lovely tulips we had this year.  I these bought these online from Farmer Gracy, on the whole they were great but a few didn't open and the head just went mouldy, never had that happen before so not sure what happened.



Thanks for popping by, see you soon.

-X-

10 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely day with Oliver and Arty, great photographs.

Your tulips look good, a lovely mix of colours.

I was out earlier and got drenched! The rain came down so heavy!
Definitely needed a nice cuppa when I got back home :)

Enjoy the rest of your week.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

Look at those boys play those drums!!! Great photos of Arty and Oliver.

God bless.

MartinaM said...

I also watched the coronation of King Charles, beautiful and so traditional.
They're great socks and they're a nice color.
Great pics, thanks for sharing, your tulips are a dream, I don't have that many in my garden.
Hugs, Martina

butterfly said...

What a great day out for the boys.
Your garden and tulips are beautiful.
Those socks are wonderful I love the colour.
Enjoy the est of your week hugs June .

Poppypatchwork said...

Your socks are lovely, I've stopped making them as everyone I know now has at least one pair. Your tulips are stunning, if I plant tulips into our ground the bulbs always rot through the winter in our heavy clay soil.

Carol said...

Oh, my goodness! Those grandsons of yours are getting so big, Maggie! What a fun time you had with them... I'm sure you love having them close-by. Your new socks are lovely and you're so right about no one seeing them when your shoes are on :)

Beautiful tulips... ours are done for the year. I always enjoy seeing them, just wish they lasted longer! Enjoy your day ♥

Linda P said...

Love the socks! Being able to hand knit them is admirable and so much nicer than bought ones. It looks as if the boys had fun at Wightwick Manor. I remember entertaining our three young boys when we lived in Berkshire. They have so much energy! Your grandchildren always look happy on their days out with you. Your tulips have put on a colourful garden display. We do appreciate all the Spring bulbs. Wishing you a relaxing weekend.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Lovely joyous pics, so nice to see. I love your socks as always. I went to a wool festival in Buxton last Sunday and bought some wool and some wooden sock blockers so I'm all set to start my sock making quest. x

Sandy said...

Looks like the kids had a good time. Beautiful flowers!! Socks look warm and comfy, I guess if you were them with sandals, or Berkenstock's people would see the heal and toe; but otherwise you're right.

meandmysmallcorner said...


Oliver and Arty look as though they were having fun dressing up and playing on the wooden drum kit outside. A great day out for you and your grandchildren.
Wightwick Manor is not too far from us so have visited on several occasions.