Pages

Monday 1 May 2023

Stick6in2023 - March and April

I hope your May Bank Holiday went well, however you chose to spend it.   It's been a busy one for us, nothing very exciting but something that has been in the planning for a while.  This morning we emptied and dismantling the wardrobes ready for the next stage of the bedroom decoration, and this afternoon was spent in the garden.  Everything is growing at a rate now, I really noticed the difference after a week away when I came back on Saturday.  We didn't sit down until after 6pm, hence the lateness of my post but, as it's the 1st of May I wanted to share my finish for the Stick6in2023 hosted by Martina and Manuela.

  I am choosing to take part in the easier option of  choosing six charts for the year and allocating each of them a number, 1-6.   The number 2 was chosen for March and April and this was my chart with that number allocated.

Oct 31 by Cottage Garden Samplings 

I stitched it on 36 count linen, 1 over 2.  I used the recommend threads with the exception of the black used in the raven, for that I used DMC 310 in place of overdyed called for.



I was drawn to the pumpkin on this chart, although I do think the raven is mighty fine too. 
And here it is all framed.

(Apologies for the poor photo It was getting dark when I took it and this was the best of a bad bunch)


I ended up ordering a frame from Amazon after trawling around various shops looking for something suitable.  I know a lot of you mention buying frames at charity shops for finishing, I do look but never seem to get lucky.

The number 3 has been pulled for May and June and have everything ready and looking forward to make a start at the weekend.

Part two of my day in Conwy 

The walls around Conwy were built between 1283 and 1287 as part of the defence system alongside Conwy Castle.  It takes around three quarters of an hour to walk and they can be accessed from three gateways at different sections.  Again, amazing views of the small town and in the distance the castle.  Some parts are quite steep and there is only a two bar railing on the one side, so not somewhere you would take children for sure!





Interestingly I found out that the castle when built was not the colour it is now, it was white, It would have been so much more visible then against the blue of the sea and the green of the fields behind it.



The wall finishes at the harbour, I loved how the little boats were all lined up along the shore, so pretty.
As I'd started my walk in the middle I re-traced my steps and then continued the rest of the walk.


I thoroughly enjoyed my day out in Conwy, although it's definitely a town for sight seeing, you would be disappointed if you went for the shopping experience.  

I promised myself that when I visited Llandudno again I would walk around the Great Orme.  It's five miles along Marine Drive, there are some sections with quite an incline but that was ok, I could stop and have a rest while taking in the wonderful views, I was in no rush.  

I didn't take many photos this time but there are plenty to see on a previous post, Driving The Great Orme.


Down on a section of beach I was lucky enough to see some seals too.  The beach wasn't really accessible so they were quite safe there. 


I can highly recommend a solo break, I've definitely come back more relaxed than when I went and wouldn't hesitate in doing it again sometime.

-X-

9 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Your day out in Conwy looks lovely.
That's quite a few seals on the beach in your last photograph.

Happy May Wishes.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

Look at all those seals.

Your outing looks to have been a wonderful one, such lovely photos.

God bless.

MartinaM said...

Oh Maggie, your Pattern is beautiful and your frame fits the picture perfectly.
Beautiful pictures of your trip, I would like to accompany you, it looks fantastically beautiful.
enjoy your week
Martina

butterfly said...

Lovely stitch Maggie and the frame looks fab with your stitching .
Your Trip looked wonderful , the seals look wonderful.
We live not far from the coast and I love it .
Have a lovely week hugs June.

Poppypatchwork said...

The views are stunning, we went up Great Orm a few years ago on a sunny day, it was breezy, but we thought that would be the case most days. It's a lovely area. The frame makes your stitching look great.

Manuela said...

Hello Maggie,
a wonderful finish. I like it very much. The frame is perfect for this motiv.
Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos from your trip.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Sandy said...

I enjoyed the pictures of the little town. I would love a walk with such views. No shopping needed with that. You pumpkin and crow are simply adorable.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

What a lovely sunny trip. I hope to have some nice days out this Summer.

Carol said...

Love your latest finish, Maggie! That pumpkin and crow are wonderful and the black frame sets it off perfectly. Really enjoyed your Conwy photos--it still amazes me just how old things are over there (I know I've mentioned that before!). Even driving along the coastline looks lovely--and that photo of the seals is wonderful. Glad they were well protected there! Enjoy your weekend ♥