Pages

Sunday 3 September 2023

My Stick6in2023 finish and our little holiday

Another two months of this year gone already and so It's time to share my forth stitched piece for the Stick6in2023 SAL hosted by Martina and Manuela 

Number one was chosen for the months of July and August, for me this corresponded to The Reindeer by Cottage Garden Samplings.  
This chart was one of my purchases from last Autumns Nimble Thimble meet up so I'm super happy that it hasn't been waiting too long for me.

I used all the recommended DMC threads, the fabric is 32 count Belfast linen and I managed to find a suitable frame from The Range.


Isn't he beautiful?  I'm really happy with how he turned out, I've put him away for now but he won't have to wait too long to be on show.


The number 6 has been drawn for our next piece and I can't wait to get started next week!

last week I had a week away with Joanne and the children to Butlins at Minehead.  If you are from the UK you will know that Butlins holiday parks are mainly designed for children, (although they do hold themed and adult weekends at different times through the year).  
The weather was kind, it only rained one day and we even managed to have a day on the beach, which we all enjoyed so much despite both myself and Joanne saying we didn't like sand we had as much fun as the kids!

It's just lovely to see children's happy smiley faces doing simple things like digging in the sand and riding on the fairground rides, Jacob does love to go on the rides and laughs the whole time.





Jacob taking in the pantomime



Bonnie meets Bonnie Bear :-)


Joanne had booked some shows to see, so we had Pepper Pig, a pantomime, which was as good if not better than any I've seen, a magic show with Steven Mulhern and a Animal versus Dinosaurs show which was excellent.

I came back feeling more rested than I thought I would considering it was an activity filled week, Bonnie declared it the best week ever, so I think It's safe to say that she had a good time too!
~~~~~~~~~
That's all the fun stuff, now for an update on Molly.    Unfortunately she did end up going back to the vets last Sunday night, they put in a stitch to hold everything in place but she has only pooped once in the week and I could see she wanted to go yesterday but couldn't, so I booked her in for another visit this morning.  That's where she is now, they wanted to keep her overnight because she was still constipated and was a little dehydrated, they are going to take out the stitch and give her something to help her 'go' and give her some fluids, they will also do a blood test to make sure there is nothing else going on.  Potentially she will have to have another stitch if she prolapses again when she's 'been'.

  I've tried to call them to see how she is but they were doing a change over and will call me later.  I have everything crossed that she will be ok.  

-X-

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Minehead is very near my childhood home and an old fashioned seaside, I love it there, but don't visit that often, perfect place for a family break. I hope Molly is sorted soon, they are a worry when unwell, Marlene, Poppypatchwork

Solstitches said...

Minehead is not so very far from where I live although I’ve never been there. It looks as though a good time was had by all.
Love the reindeer stitching.
Margaret

Jackie said...

Lovely stitching. What gorgeous smiles on the young ones.

God bless.

Dee said...

The kids are adorable. Looks like they had a wonderful time.

Sending good wishes for Molly. Hope all goes well with her time at the vet and that she will be home and healthy soon.

butterfly said...

Love your new Christmas stitch .
Looks like you all had some fun.
Have a fun week, hugs June.

Sue said...

Love the reindeer stitching and the perfect frame for it.
You looked as though you all had a wonderful time at Butlins, years since we've been when the girls were younger but we always had a great time.
Hope it's good news for Molly. Sue x

Linda P said...

The stitched reindeer is so elegant - a beautiful design and well done. Glad you had a great time at the seaside. The children look adorable and happy. I hope Molly stays comfortable and recovers well.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the stitched reindeer.
Fabulous holiday photographs, smiles all around :)

Hoping Molly will be okay.

All the best Jan

MartinaM said...

Oh wow Maggie that's a great pattern, the deer looks terrific. And the frame fits perfectly.
That looks like a great trip, the kids really enjoyed it.
I hope your Molly is better, I'm praying for her.
Have a good time,
Martina

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Looks like you had a blast at Butlins. the children look so happy. I hope Molly is soon feeling better.

Manuela said...

Hello Maggie,
what a great motif and finish.
Have fun to stitch the next number.
It looks like a wonderful trip.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela