I'm really enjoying keeping a photo diary of the allotment's progress. At times it feels like everything is happening so slowly, but when I look back, I'm amazed at how much has changed in such a short space of time. It's a lovely reminder that every little job adds up.
The best part is knowing it's all down to my own hard work. Mark just isn't into gardening or growing, and that's absolutely fine - I actually love that every decision is mine to make.
Having said that, he is really good when it comes to building things. He'll tackle any construction projects I dream up, which is a huge help because I wouldn't have the first clue where to start! I've already got a list of ideas for things I'd like him to build / fix up, so don't worry...I'll be keeping him busy, ha ha.
How it looked before
I decided to keep the 'goalpost' as it will come in handy for growing beans another time. At the moment I have tomatos growing there. In the foreground I've recently put in some potatoes, which will be ready for Christmas.





15 comments:
Your plot is looking good, all your hard work shows.
Thank you, looking back at the before photos really keeps me motivated
Oh Maggie! What a beyond spectacular job you are doing. Unbelievable the difference. Like needlework, gardening soothes the soul. You must be proud to look back and see the progress. It is a good tired after a long day of garden work. Can’t wait to see more and see your harvest!
Wow, such a lot of work which must have been hard going at times in this hot weather. Great idea to take photos to record your progress.
Wow what a difference, you've really worked hard and it shows.. looking fantastic!
You've made great progress. Home grown is always so much tastier.
That ink coverage is perfectly smooth. Great job!
I like seeing the progress photos too. Well done on the transformation
You've put a lot of work in and it shows ... it's looking good.
All the best Jan
My goodness, things are looking just lovely. You have done so very much work.
God bless.
I am impressed at all your VERY hard work. We have had small gardens in times past and I know how much is involved. The harvest is amazing though, but all that is hard work too. I remember once being so sore and realizing it was because I really had done hours of squats. No gym could do that for you.
You've made such great progress with your new plot, and yes, taking photos and keeping a diary is a great way to chart the progress you make. It's been a challenging gardening year with the hot, dry summer so well done for getting stuck in like you have, I'm sure you'll be well rewarded for your hard work when it comes to harvest time.
Oh, I love seeing the before and after photos, Maggie! You should be very proud having done ll of that yourself! I am NOT a gardener--my husband loves it, though, and I certainly appreciate his hard work and all the flowers and vegetables and blueberries that he harvests :)
The upgrade is impressive!
I love the look of allotments, my friend has one and she calls it 'Lottie' and it is so funny as she talks about going to see Lottie or she's been with Lottie all day as if Lottie was human.
A wonderful transformation to your new plot already, Maggie. I loved seeing the before and after photos.
Post a Comment