Pages

Tuesday 28 December 2021

Chapter 60




Yep, I'm 60, no idea how that happened, lol

I've been treated to lots of goodies including some Pandora gifts from the girls and Mark gave me the money to buy a light for my Lowery stand :-)

The lovely Jo gifted me the Bird Street Yarn, chocolate and those cute little bath truffles, they smell amazing! Thank you Jo. x

The two items below were from my sister.  
I know they won't be everyone's cup of tea but I love them! 
When we were clearing out Mum's house, me and my sister had gone into town to see if the charity shops were taking donations, (as there was a threat of another lockdown a lot of charity shops weren't  taking donations).  We walked into one and these were just sitting on the shelf, it was truly serendipity!

  Mum had a cheese dish in the same design which was my granny's, (Jenny, my eldest daughter now has that) but, we had been talking about how granny had a biscuit barrel to match and no one knew what had happened to it , and the next day we walk into the shop and here is the biscuit barrel I remember sitting in my granny's china cabinet, well I just had to have it, and the butter dish had to come home with me too because it is just so cute! 
My sister said If I wanted them she would get them as part of my birthday present, of course I said yes please :-)
Like I say, they probably don't appeal to a lot of people but they remind me of my granny and my mum too now, who I think guided me to that shop that day.

I have my granny's china cabinet and they will eventually live in there but, for the moment they are on my kitchen window where I can admire them


One last special gift.  
With so many birthday's in December my mum had already put out all the money for them, so this is my last present from Mum.  I have no idea what I will buy yet but I will put the money towards something special.


I also got a cold for my birthday :-(
I felt like I was coming down with it when I got up in the morning, we don't think of a common cold anymore though do we?  But I tested twice yesterday and this morning and It is a cold.

Everyone came round at lunch time to partake of sandwiches and cake but by the time they went I was feeling quite rough.  I was in bed at 8.30pm and had a lie in this morning.  I feel a lot better now, 

I did test again this morning, (still negative). I just think with everything that's been going on, together with late nights and early mornings I've probably been doing too much.

This afternoon though I'm putting my feet up, watching a film and stitching!

Hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas

-X=


20 comments:

Vickie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Maggie! I think that is SO very special you had one last gift from your dear Mum. xoxo

Poppypatchwork said...

Happy birthday Maggie, so young only 60, love your gifts, enjoy your lazy afternoon.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Many Happy Returns Maggie. I think the little cottage china is very sweet and I suspect as you collect more it will look even better.

Sooze said...

Happy 60th, funny how so many of us bloggers are around the same age! You have some lovely gifts, I think my Nana had that cottage biscuit barrel. How heartwarming that you have it to keep and remember now. Hope the cold doesn't last long.

Alison said...

Hi I have one of those biscuit barrels, it was given to me when I was about 8 (now 72) by a lady I called Aunty May, she kept cream crackers in it. My mum, who died last July was 88 and she always remembered it being on Aunty May's sideboard.

I grew up in Ditton Priors, do I remember correctly that you used to take your own dear Mum there? Apologies if I have got that wrong.

Wishing you a very happy birthday.

busybusybeejay said...

Happy birthday.
Barbarax

Carol ge said...

Happy birthday. I have the cottage biscuit barrel and a cruet set. I love them. X

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I love the cottages. Wish I had them. big hugs for your Birthday. Lynda Ruth

Lowcarb team member said...

Many Happy Birthday Wishes.
You had some lovely gifts and I do like the cottages, very special.

Hope your cold soon goes, in the meantime do your best to rest and relax.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday. I love the cookie jar and the butter dish.

God bless.

Heritage Hall said...

Happy, happy Birthday, Maggie.. Younger than Springtime. My Grandmother had the cottage teapot which sat in my Aunt's kitchen after I had grown up ...What memories your little shop stirred up
for so many with that biscuit barrel.

Barb said...

A very Happy Birthday to you!!! So glad you are feeling better!

butterfly said...

Happy Birthday Hope you had lots of fun .
Oh that gift from your sister is great , you have a focus to think about your dear Mother and Grandmother .
I have a few things of my mothers I can look at
and often look and talk to her .
When I see a rainbow I talk to my daughter , little signs that mean allot.
So happy you are feeling better have a wonderful week.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Happy Birthday Maggie, you've had some lovely treats for your 60th. It's so nice to have special memories they are real treasures.

Jo said...

Well, that brought a tear to my eye having one last gift from your mum. I'm sure you'll find the perfect thing to spend the money on. How lovely that you found the biscuit barrel and butter dish after you'd just been talking about it, I believe that some things are just meant to be. It sounds like you were spoilt on your birthday, but a shame you were coming down with a cold. Both me and Jasmine woke with sore throats on Christmas Day and we're both streaming with colds now, no fun at all! I'm glad you like the gifts, The Yorkshire Soap Company do amazing smellies, a real treat. I chose two skeins of yarn which would work well together, one for the advent swap and one for your birthday, so that you could use them in a larger project if you wanted to. I hope your cold doesn't last long and that you feel better soon xx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday Maggie.
I hope that you are feeling brighter now and that your cold is clearing.

Jules said...

Belated Birthday wishes! Enjoy this next chapter. X

Carin said...

Happy belated birthday Maggie ! You got some lovely presents. I hope you still get a negative test and I hope you feel better soon.

Lowcarb team member said...

Just stopping by again to wish you and your family a Happy New Year.

All the best Jan

Carol said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Maggie--welcome to your sixties! I will be 67 in two weeks and can hardly believe it... Enjoy your lovely gifts and I'm sure you'll find something very meaningful to buy with the money from your mom ♥