Pages

Saturday 1 January 2022

December stitching

Happy Christmas by The Prairie Schooler

Started on December 1st 2021 Finished on December 31st 2021 

Stitched on 18 count chalkboard aida, 1 over 1




Looking at it more closely now in the photos I can see that I'm going to have to go over it with a pair of tweezers and pick off all the bits of cat hair  fluff.

My goal was to finish this piece in the month of December, although at the beginning of the month I didn't have much time to sit and stitch so I didn't think it would happen but, I've had some quiet afternoons this last week  and have done something I never get to do on a normal week, sit and stitch all afternoon and evening.  

The piece isn't very big 7 1/2 x 5 1/2 but I did struggle with the dark fabric until I got used to it, I've only stitched on black aida once before.

I really love how it turned out and will be on the look out for a frame in the new year to frame ready to display for Christmas 2022.

~~~~~~~~~~~

So here we are at the start of another new year, a new page with new beginnings and new goals to set.  2021 was another strange year what with the continuing pandemic, although there is light at the end of the tunnel with that now, fingers crossed, (if you go in search of unbiased news and not believe all the scare mongering of the tabloids or BBC that is), 2022 will be better I'm sure, i'm an optimist 😁 

And of course 2021 will always be a sad year because of the passing of my mum.  I know that she would not want any of us to dwell on that, she would say, go on, you have things to do and family's to look after, we have to remember the happy times don't we, and she will always be with us, she lives on in us and everything we do.

Anyway, I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year and thank you for your visits to my blog and your lovely comments throughout the year, they do mean a lot to me. 

Take care of yourselves 

-X-

11 comments:

Jackie said...

What a lovely stitchery project. I have never really stitched on black as I have heard it is difficult. Might have to give it a try now that I see how great it looks.

Happy New Year.

God bless.

Carol said...

This is a beautiful finish, Maggie! I stitched the top third as an ornament and it's one of my favorites.

Let's hope and pray that 2022 gives us some love--we deserve it after the past two years. Wishing you and your family every happiness in this new year!

Barb said...

It is always hard the year we lose someone that we love. I still remember the year I lost my Mom. Looking ahead, I do hope this year will bring better health to the world and certainly more peace here in the US. Your stitched piece is beautiful. I have long admired the PS pieces with the black background and the pretty red houses. I worry about stitching on the black. I usually stitch on linen but think for the black I will use aida.

Jo said...

What a lovely design, it looks so striking on the dark fabric. Wishing you and your family a very happy new year.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish Maggie, happy stitching in 2022.I still miss my Dad everyday, we always have his favourite pub meal on his day of birth and day of passing and he is talked off throughout the year with affection. Although your Mum is no longer here it does not mean is is no longer in your life, treasure and enjoy the memories.

butterfly said...

Happy NEW YEAR to you and your family .
Loved the PS stitch it's beautiful .
Have a fun week .

Poppypatchwork said...

I love your finished stitching, I avoid stitching on dark backgrounds. 2022 is going to be the year to each of us look after ourselves and families, as we move through this virus.
Your mum will always be with you, my mum passed 16 years ago, and she is always here with me, I could not have gotten through chemo in 2010 without her strong support in my head.

linda said...

It's beautiful! the colours pop on the dark fabric but I bet it was hard on the eyes to sew. Happy New Year to you and your family xx

Debi said...

Your cross stitch piece is lovely. I imagine the dark aida was hard on your eyes, it would be on mine. Losing your mom is hard. Mine has been gone almost six years and like your mom, she wanted us to miss her, but not dwell in sorrow. So I try to do just that... some days are harder than others but mostly I remember the good stuff. I wish you a very Happy New Year.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your stitching, it's a nice design.

Wishing you and your family a very happy new year.

All the best Jan

Jules said...

It's beautiful! And your work is so neat.
Happy New Year. Xx