Pages

Saturday 8 January 2022

New Year knitting

 I mentioned previously that I intended casting on another pair of socks on New Years Eve, that didn't happen because that rotten cold I got on my birthday lingered in my sinuses and I felt terrible for a good few days, I did make a start on them a few days later though,.

this is the yarn, James C Brett Funny Feetz in the colourway number is FZB04.  

This was one of my purchases when I went to Llandudno last year.


I've got as far as finishing the heel flaps and will turn the heels as soon as I've finished this blog post.
I was mindful of making them match and don't think I've done too shabby a job on that :-)


It's taken a while but I think I've finally been bitten by the sock knitting bug and i'm really enjoying the process, 2022 could be a year of socks!

New year also bought about a need to de-clutter.  I'm on a mission to rid the house of things we no longer need or make use of.  We are not untidy people and I do have regular clear outs but there always seems to be things that I hang on to, 'just in case'.  I've already done the pantry and discovered that I have an obsession I didn't know about.


I'm actually a little embarrassed about all those candles and smellies, I honestly didn't realise I had so many, and this doesn't include the ones dotted around the house!

The loft is my next area of attack.  We don't store too much up there so hopefully I can get it done over a few day's next week.

Wish me luck :-)

-X-

11 comments:

Jo said...

I knew you'd get bitten by the sock knitting bug as soon as you finished your first pair, it is quite addictive, isn't it. Especially as there's so much gorgeous sock yarn out there. We cleared out the loft a few years ago. Unlike you, we store all sorts of things up there but it's all boxed and labelled now, and it's easy to find things when we want to. We took loads of stuff to the charity shop though when we decluttered.

Dee said...

Glad you are feeling better.

That yarn is lovely. Got it in Wales, did you? LOL

I love candles. Unfortunately, my allergies do not love candles. 😉

Happy sock knitting!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the socks, the yarn is lovely.
I always think the New Year is a good time to de-clutter/sort out.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Poppypatchwork said...

I've made a couple of pairs of socks with the same yarn, not the same colour, very comfortable and washes well. It's that time of year to have a good sort out, I always enjoy a good sort through my stuff. Thank you for your supportive comments on my blog today.

Jackie said...

Lovely socks and you have done an awesome job of matching.

I am also decluttering and organizing the house, mainly because it is too cold to be out and about.

God bless.

Barb said...

Those socks are such a pretty color. I have the same candle obsession! In fact, I have a cupboard dedicated to candles!!!!!

butterfly said...

Great socks love the wool.
I have started sorting to , after packing the Christmas things away I knew my craft room needed some sorting out yesterday sorted out all my threads , they are all back in their right boxes it feels so good .So will start on the kitchen next
and get rid of old packs we are not going to use .
Have a fun week.

linda said...

I love the sock yarn and be careful, knitting socks is so addictive, I have to actually restrain myself from staring more, I have so many pairs of socks I could actually open a shop haha. I need to declutter big time too but I have to say that candle stash looks amazing to me you can never have too many candles. Have a great week. xx

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

I love a good clear out of bits and bobs. Very satisfying.

Lincoln Madison said...

Added to this, if you obtain a vanity number and Toll Free Numbers, they can immensely help in boosting your business image and further popularize your brand through word of mouth referrals.

Carol said...

Oh, those socks are fabulous, Maggie--you have done an amazing job of matching up the stripes! I can't imagine that is easy (although I know nothing about knitting!). It's funny how January always brings round a new determination to declutter. I've done a bit, but need to do more. My husband would throw out everything if I let him--ha ha!