Pages

Monday 21 March 2022

The Creative Craft Show

 It was the Spring Creative Craft / Sewing for Pleasure show at the NEC this week, I bought tickets for Sunday, I thought it would be quieter then, and it was.  I've been going to this show for years and it used to be very good but has gone downhill in recent years, this time it was a very poor show, in our opinion, probably the reason it was so quiet. 

Lets face it, I didn't really 'need' anything but at these sort of places you are tempted into impulsive purchasing.  I was good 😇

Some yarn, I have plans for all of it and hopefully it will be put to use this year.


Two pieces of 28 count fabric for stitching.


The Prairie Schooler chart, No.152, which I will stitch on the iced coffee fabric above


Here's a closer look at the chart, I loved the bunnies, sheep and of course the house, I love stitching houses.


The other fabric I will use to stitch Wild Flowers by The Blue Flower.  I bought this chart last year and Jenny bought me the rest of the threads I needed as one of my Christmas presents.  


I absolutely fell in love with this one when I saw it on someones podcast last year, Isn't it pretty?
I have no excuse not to start this beauty now do I?  Perhaps I can make it an April start.


So there you have it, my very conservative purchases, didn't I do well, lol.

The weather has been glorious over the weekend, not so much today, but no rain though so that's a bonus.
I took a few photos in the garden while we had some blue sky so I'll leave you with those for now.





Hope you all have a lovely week

-X-

9 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

I've not been to a show in years, but my stash for many different crafts is still too big. We are loving the warm sunny days.

Jo said...

I went to quite a few yarn shows before the pandemic but I think I've got out of the habit now, there's various ones being advertised but I haven't even thought about going. I think my stash is large enough for now anyway, I really don't need any more yarn, but as you say, it never stops us from buying, does it. I think you was very good though, it's so easy to go mad and spend. I like both of those charts, so pretty. Yes, the weather's been glorious, and it's set to continue this week which I'm pleased about as Mick's got the week off work.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

I can see lots of lovely projects reaching fruition and I look forward to all of them.

linda said...

I love your purchases especially Wild flowers. it's a while since I have attended any shows but I am going to Yarndale later this year. I do tend to buy for buying sake sometimes at these shows, I still have stuff I bought years ago and have never used it yet. That Hayfield Sundance is lovely yarn I made a blanket using it and I love it.

Debi said...

I haven't been to a craft show in about four years. And I haven't done cross stitch in about ten... my old fingers just don't cooperate anymore! I love the patterns that you chose and I really love the flower photos. We still have snow here and there and it's still cold! Your photos give me hope! Have a great week!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hasn't it been wonderful to have blue skies and sunshine ...
I did like your photographs of the flowers against the wonderful blue :)

All the best Jan

butterfly said...

Lovely goodies Maggie . I use to love going to the shows .
But I found it moved to more crafting than needle work .
So I stopped going , but I do miss them .
Lovely new charts and wool.
Enjoy hugs .

Carol said...

What a brilliant blue sky, Maggie! The flowers look so pretty showcased against it... No flowers here yet--in fact we are due for more snow on Sunday. Ugh!

Lovely purchases--I can see why you fell in love with the Wildflower design. I look forward to watching it grow! Enjoy your weekend ♥

Robin said...

I’ve experienced the same with quilt show, etc. watching them get smaller and the quality less each year. Between knitting, stitching and sewing there is a great following and it is sad to see fewer of these events. I am sure it is really a big task to set up a booth as a vendor but we shoppers do so like to see all the things in person. The Blue Flowers pattern is so adorable and sweet. Happy stitching.