Pages

Saturday 26 March 2022

Turned out nice again

My daughter, Joanne, bought me this chart Christmas 2020, I thought it was perfect for Spring stitching.

The Rain Fell by Little House Needleworks




 I'm stitching it on a 36 count fabric over two with one thread, I like the way it's stitching up and enjoying working on it an hour or two each day.

The weather has been wonderfully sunny and warm again and I've been enjoying sitting up in my summer house most days, stitching and listening to the birds and my audio book.

This week I've planted some more seeds and tidied up the garden a bit, still not cut the grass, after this week the ground should have dried out enough for me to do that, our green bin collection won't start until a week on Monday so I was trying to hold out until then.

I've never had much luck with Lobelia so we'll have to wait and see if that grows, my sister said she had great success with the Wildlife Mixture so I bought those to try, I've sowed these in a big container that I had, I really hope these take and I thought I would plant up the kitchen window boxes with Nasturtiums for a change.  We should have a nice colourful garden, if everything comes up.


We still have loads of daffs in the garden, although the smaller ones have now mostly died off.
I didn't plant any of these, they were in when we came.


There are a few Tulips out too.  These I planted a few years ago, I didn't plant many this year and I'm regretting it now


The Pieris is just coming into flower, we cut this drastically last year and I was worried it wouldn't flower this year, so glad it has.


It's Mothers Day here in the UK tomorrow.  I requested that mums stone be done and in place for then so we could take some flowers to the crematorium, we bought a nice planter arrangement which should last a while yet, we will leave some flowers too.


Hope you are making the most of these sunny day's and that you will have a lovely Mother's Day tomorrow.

-X-

12 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

I'm in the garden, no big jobs, just pottering around, I love this weather. Your sewing is very pretty.

Jo said...

It's been gorgeous, hasn't it. I think it starts to take a downturn from tomorrow so we've been making the most of it while it lasts. The chart is lovely and as you say, perfect for spring stitching. We'll be visiting the crematorium tomorrow too, Mother's day and then on Monday it will be three years since my mum died, I don't know where the time has gone.

linda said...

I love your sewing it's very pretty, yes the weather has been so lovely, I managed to get some garden jobs done and I've even cut the grass. I'm not planting any seeds this year but have taken some cuttings from a hydrangea and penstemon fingers crossed they will take. Your Pieris is beautiful, and the daffodils are lovely aren't they I must plant more for next year. My tulips haven't flowered yet but I was late putting them in. Enjoy your Mothers Day tomorrow. xx

Jackie said...

Very nice stitching. I do like the way it is stitching up as well.

Lovely pops of colour in your garden.

God bless.

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching .
And your garden is looking beautiful.
Our weather is lovely and warm my hubby as a tan !

Sue said...

A beautiful garden, love the pieris I've never had one that lasted for me. Our tulips are just about to open but it looks like the weather is on the turn so I hope they flower soon. Love the stitching and a beautiful planter for your Mum. Happy Mother's day x

Carol said...

Hope you are enjoying a lovely Mother's Day, Maggie! It sounds like your weather is definitely cooperating... Glad Mother's Day wasn't here this Sunday as it is -7C and we are having more snow. Unbelievable! Love your little LHN piece and the beautiful spring flowers in your garden. Enjoy your week ♥

Linda P said...

That stitching must have been satisfying to do. I like the motifs and the verse. There's much pleasure in seeing the results of gardening activities and being out there in the garden on sunny days. Your garden looks beautiful. Have a lovely week.

Lowcarb team member said...

The weather over the weekend was wonderful wasn't it.
Your garden is looking lovely, so colourful.

Hope your week is going well.

All the best Jan

Christine said...

What a lovely garden, I've only grown lobellia when I've started them off inside. And Little House Needleworks were a favourite of mine, can't do much stitching these days, but seeing yours has made me think maybe I could try again.

Barb said...

That is a great chart, I don't think I have seen it. The garden is looking so pretty. My daffodils are up but the deer have eaten my tulips. Next Fall I will be planting only daffodils!!

Robin said...

What a perfect chart for spring time stitching. Your photos look so bright and pretty. You are a few weeks ahead of me as for the blooming season. Daffodils are up and tulips are in bud……spring is always so welcoming with is freshness and color. Hopefully I will be able to get outside and work soon….dealing with rain, rain, rain here in the eastern USA.