Pages

Monday 11 July 2022

More socks


I finished another pair of socks last week.  These are one of the three pairs I cast on in June, they were already knitted to the heel so didn't take too long to complete, I have one more pair of that June trio to finish and then I'd like to start on the Christmas socks for family.
The yarn is West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4ply in the colourway Robin, the contrast cuffs heels and toes are also WYS, in the colourway Turmeric.

For this pair I cast on 72 stitches and decreased to 68 stitches once I'd knit the rib, they seem to fit fine but I definitely need the extra stitches on the ribbing.


Yesterday I was working in the garden until mid afternoon so everything is looking tidy and I was able to sit and enjoy some time outside and admire my hard work.





I think this fleabane is my favourite plant in the garden at the moment, I bought it as a small plant from a National Trust place last year, I've not seen it for sale anywhere else but I'd love to get some more If I come across it.

I hope you have a lovely week, the weather is supposed to be lovely all week so enjoy.

-X-

15 comments:

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Even though my head is boiling off I'm admiring your socks, they look gorgeous.

Poppypatchwork said...

Your garden is beautiful, such a lovely place to sit. Your socks look fabulous, lovely warm toes this winter.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks and beautiful garden. I learned to knit socks a few years ago but I'm one of those people who dislike knitting the second one, so I've given up sock making for now just sticking to dishcloths!
Alison in Wales x

Maggie said...

Hi Alison, thank you taking the time to comment, it's appreciated. I too gave up because of the second sock but now I knit them concurrently so they are finished together😁 Hope you have a go at knitting socks again soon x

Jackie said...

I love the heels and toes on those socks. They match the rest of the socks perfectly.

Your garden is just lovely. The perfect place to sit and while away a few hours.

God bless.

Debi said...

Your garden work certainly paid off... everything looks lovely.

MartinaM said...

Beautiful socks, the pattern of the wool has developed great. Beautiful flower pictures, thanks for showing.
enjoy your week, Martina

butterfly said...

Great socks , and your garden is beautiful
Have a good week, hugs June.

Linda P said...

The socks are great! I admire your skill at making them and adjusting the pattern when necessary. Your recipients will appreciate them.

Jo said...

Another lovely pair of socks. I enjoy knitting heels, cuffs and toes in a contrasting colour, depending on the colour you choose, they can make the socks look so different. It's quite dull here today and it's trying its best to rain, but it's still so blooming hot. Apparently the temperatures are set to rise further still next week. Your garden is looking lovely, nice to be able to sit out and enjoy all your hard work.

Carin said...

Beautiful socks, I have this color too in my stash. Brought it back with me in January 2020 when we visit my granddaughter for the first time.I love your garden.

Miriam said...

Compliments, you are very good with the socks. And also compliments for your garden and your wonderful oxalis. I can’t find it here where I live.
Miriam

Sandy said...

Fleabane looks like what we call diasy's here in my neck of the wood. They look so pretty and colorful. Congrats on finishing the socks, they turned out great. Love the colors. And your yard...WOW! I can tell you put a lot of work into.

Carol said...

I just love your garden, Maggie. Everything looks so lush and healthy. We have had so little rain here, that many of my plants are dying already--and it's only mid-July!

Love your newest socks! Hope you have a relaxing weekend ♥

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your socks ...
Beautiful photographs of your garden, it's looking good :)

All the best Jan