Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2023

Plodding along, but making progress

 We have a small group on FB for those of us who attend the Nimble Thimble meet-ups,  At the beginning of each year we enthusiastically declare that we are going to stitch an ornament each month, I don't think to date that any of us have kept up with that declaration.  Some of the ladies have stitched and finished a number of ornaments but I don't think any of us have managed 12 fully finished, ready to hang on the tree ornaments.   I managed two last year.

I'm already behind on this years ornament stitching as I only finished January's last night.

This little fella is from book No.80 of The Prairie Schooler Old World Santas.

I made a mistake when choosing the fabric, I wrongly thought It was 32 count, which is the called for, instead It was 28 count, so my finish is a little larger than it should be.  I was going to finish him into an oval but it's now too big for that.  The question is, do I now stitch them all on the same 28 count, or switch to 32 count for the rest?

Last week was my week for stitching on my Bothy Threads bunny.  I didn't stitch on it all last week but the days I did stitch I got a decent amount done.


He's taking shape now, I'd say it's probably about half done.  I had thought it would be finished by the end of February but that's not going to happen now.

This week I'ts the turn of my Stick6in23 piece, not much more to go on this one, we have until the end of February to finish and I will share photos then.  The next number will be chosen soon and we will be working on that through March and April.  

I hope you all have a lovely week, the weather here is picking up, we have had some lovely sunshine the last two days and I feel as though I should be out in the garden starting the tidy-up.

Take care

-X-

8 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's lovely that you all still meet up, we all get a little over enthusiastic at times, maybe your Santa could be a mini cushion. Your Bothy piece is looking great.

Carol said...

Your Santa is very cute, Maggie! I'd probably switch and stitch the rest on 32 ct. to get the oval finish that you really wanted, but it really won't matter. If you have them hanging on your tree they'll probably be scattered about anyway. I've stitched two in that booklet and finished them as ovals, but I am leaving the bottom "ground" off :)

That bunny is so sweet--not sure how I would do with all that brown stitching, though, as that is my least favorite color to stitch with. The fabric you're using is wonderful!

Enjoy your day ♥

Lowcarb team member said...

At least you still meet-up, which is good.
The main thing is to enjoy what you are doing/making.

Hope you've enjoyed a Happy Valentines Day.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

Lovely stitching. I do like the thistles with the Bunny.

God bless.

Manuela said...

Your Santa looks great and the little bunny is very cute.
Have a niceday, Manuela

butterfly said...

Love the Santa,
Your Bunny is just beautiful .
Enjoy a lovely day hugs June.

Gill - That British Woman said...

love your stitching, still waiting for my Bothy Threads order to arrive. I showcase a small piece of cross stitch today on my blog

MartinaM said...

A great Santa, I like him. I also think the rabbit is so cute.
It's rainy and cloudy here today, but mild. I'm hoping for spring with its warm temperatures and the flowers that will soon bloom.
enjoy your weekend,
Martina