Pages

Sunday 26 February 2023

Stick6in23 - Spring stitching finish

 This is my first year taking part in the Stick6in23 SAL hosted by Martina and Manuela, you can find out all about the SAL on either of their blogs and also see the wonderful work they both do.  I believe there is also a list of other people taking part on Manuela's blog so we can go and enjoy their work too. 

 The number generated at the beginning of the year was No, 4 and the chart I had assigned that number to was April by The Prairie Schooler.  

I used all the called for DMC colours and the fabric is 28 count with a soft mottling, which unfortunately doesn't show in the photos.

Started 1st January 2023 Finished 17th February 2023



I love stitching houses and how sweet is this little pink house complete with picket fence, It's what drew me to the chart but I loved stitching every bit of it



And here is the whole thing.  


It's now in the hands of the framers, I've opted to have it framed in the same style as my January Piece, which you can see here.  They have a back-log on framing but fingers crossed I will have it home ready to display for  the month of April and I will show you how it looks then.

Martina has drawn the number 2 to be worked on in March and April, I'm so happy because I assigned the number 2 to a chart my daughter bought me a couple of Christmas's'  ago.  I can't wait to get started.

I do have another couple of finishes to show but haven't taken any photos yet, so perhaps next week I will get round to doing that.

Have a good week all

-X-

11 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

That looks lovely Maggie ...

All the best Jan

MartinaM said...

Oh wow Maggie, this is a lovely sampler. Under beautiful the small individual motifs.
I am pleased that you are taking part in the challenge and wish you lots of fun with your number 2.
enjoy your week
Martina

butterfly said...

What a great stitch , Love it .
Have a lovely new week. hugs June.

Jo said...

That's such a lovely design and it's stitched beautifully. How lovely to have specific pieces to display at specific times of the year, a lovely way to celebrate the different months and seasons.

Poppypatchwork said...

Love your finish, lots of counting, love the colours, and your next project is a love of yours already, can't wait to see it.

Vickie said...

This is beautiful Maggie.

Jackie said...

So pretty. I am looking forward to seeing the piece framed.

God bless.

Gill - That British Woman said...

love that Maggie, especially the bunnies, you do beautiful work.

Debi said...

Beautiful stitching!

Carol said...

This is a beauty, Maggie! I never tire of stitching Prairie Schooler designs. I have so many that remain to be done... Hope you have a wonderful March ♥

Manuela said...

Hello Maggie,
what a great finish. I love it. So many bautiful and little details in this little Sampler.
Have a nice time.