Pages

Tuesday 18 April 2023

Still not 100% but slowly getting there

 I'm still struggling with the remains of this cold virus thing, whatever it was.  The majority of the last ten days or so have been spent either in bed or lying on the sofa.  Luckily Mark was working close to home so was here in the mornings and the evenings, there wasn't a lot of work on so they told him to take a  few days off because I wasn't well, which was nice of them.   I was prescribed antibiotics and a nasal spray on Friday so hopefully they will be doing their job and I will start to feel something like soon.  My head still feels really stuffy and I haven't been able to go to my aqua fit class or had the energy to do any walking or exercise, I was just getting into a nice routine too, I'll have to make the effort to get going again when I come back from my break away.

This Saturday It's our annual April meet-up at the Nimble Thimble and then I am away for the rest of that week.  I thought I'd share what projects I've been getting together to take with me.

I'm behind on my ornament stitching and this small Prairie Schooler will be a perfect quick stitch.


Pumpkin Spice Everything - The Scarlet House
This one has been waiting for me to stitch it for a couple of years


Welcome Autumn - Primrose Cottage Stitches
I won this chart from Martina in a giveaway on her blog last year, once I've stitched it I'll keep the kindness going and offer it as a giveaway on my blog


And I'll keep the Autumn stitching theme going with this one, if I have time.

Welcome October- With Thy Needle And Thread



For all of these projects I had all but a couple of the threads and I'm using some scraps of fabric left over from recent projects.

And should I get bored with all of the above, and I have the time, I'll cast on a new sock.

This was one of my purchases from Wool@J13 last year and when I came across it while sorting my stitching projects I changed my mind about taking the West Green Loft Yarn skein I shared last time.
Plus, it's almost time for this years Wool@J13 show so I have to use it really, ha ha.

This is just so bright and funky, I can't wait to see how it knits up :-)


I finished the stitching on my stick6in2023 project, I should be able to fully finish it before I go away ready to share at the end of the month when either Martina or Manuela will let us know what the next number drawn is.  

I'll probably drop by again while I'm away and share what I'm up to, fingers crossed some walks and the sea air will finally clear my stuffy head.

Take care

-X-

7 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Sorry to read that you are not yet 100% better, I hope you soon will be.

Enjoy your meet-up at the Nimble Thimble and also your time away.

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

Jackie said...

Sorry that you are still not feeling well. Hopefully you start to feel better now.

Love that funky yarn.

God bless.

butterfly said...

So sorry you have not been well , hope you get better soon.
Love what are going to work on and what lovely wool .
Have a good week hugs June.

Poppypatchwork said...

I hope you are feeling better now, I do love your kits.

MartinaM said...

Oh dear, I wish you a speedy recovery, but the virus is pretty persistent.
You have chosen beautiful stitching work.
The wool is magical, beautiful colors.
Enjoy the time, take care of yourself.
Martina

Carol said...

Boy, that has really been hanging on, Maggie! I do hope the time away by the sea does you a world of good. Nice to have a variety of projects to keep you entertained. Take care now and safe travels ♥

meandmysmallcorner said...


Lots of lovely stitching for you to enjoy and I do like the colours of your yarn.
Hope you are feeling better and well on the mend now. Enjoy your break away.