Pages

Monday 18 December 2023

flat out and in need of a break

Things have been so busy here with none Christmasy stuff that I haven't had time to enjoy anything Christmas related, and now we are steaming away towards the main event!   Ugh, it just feels like a slog this year, that's the way it goes sometimes though.

Finally we managed to get the bedroom decorating all done, the carpet was fitted last Tuesday and I have been working my way through sorting and putting stuff back the rest of the week, the furniture had to wait until Saturday when Mark was home to put things back together.  Still have the curtains to put back up, that won't happen until Friday as they are still at the drycleaners, but at least everything now looks fresh and clean. 

My middle daughter, Joanne moved house on December 1st so that was all hands on deck to help with the move and since then I've been going to hers most nights to help sort and put things in order.   It's been a long and emotional two years for her, (and for us too at times), but now, finally, she can start a new life, just her, Bonnie and Jacob.

There hasn't been a lot of time for crafting over the last couple of weeks but I did make time to sit down yesterday afternoon and finish another one of my forgotten projects.

This is Albert, (looking a little grumpy)


I'd purchased the kit for Albert when I went to Wool@J13 in 2019, I knitted both the back and front body parts fairly quickly after that, then everything got put away so there was still a fair bit of knitting to do to get him done.  I'm glad to have another project crossed off my list, although I may knit him another scarf, I think this one is a bit short

I've knitted two of these kits by Sardines For Tea now, I made the smaller Arthur rabbit for my grandson Arthur in 2020 which you can see here. 

I've crossed all the jobs off my list for today so I'm going to give myself the rest of the day off, once I've clicked publish on this post I'm making myself a coffee and plonking myself on the sofa, putting a film on and stitching, and I'm NOT going to feel guilty about it, lol

See you soon

-X-

15 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I love Arthur and I know a small person who would love their own Arthur. There may be knitting in my future! Good idea to take the rest of the day off, put a film on and get stitching.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I don't blame you for not feeling guilty I wouldn't either. Love Arthur!

Poppypatchwork said...

My rabbit was left years before I sew it together and stuff it, I'm better at knitting than sewing together. Hope you are enjoying your film.

Dee said...

Best wishes to Bonnie, Jacob, and Bonnie. Being settled in before the holidays will be nice.

I think Albert looks very distinguished (not grumpy) and he is very on point with his scarf. It looks like the Sophie scarf which is all the rage on Ravelry right now.

Have a very happy stitchy day. I may just have one of those myself today.

Sue said...

I love Albert he looks so dignified sitting there. Decorating and moving furniture about really takes it out of you so hope you manage to get a rest before Christmas. Good luck to Joanne, Bonnie and Jacob xx

Carol said...

Oh, your little Albert is looking so cute, Maggie! I love his expression :) His little orange scarf/ascot is the perfect touch for a gentleman like him!

Moving is so hard, especially when it involves a change in family dynamics. I wish all the best for Joanne, Jacob and Bonnie. I'm sure it's been hard to watch her journey over the past couple of years. I'm glad she and the kids have you nearby for support! Hoping you all have a wonderful Christmas together ♥

crafty cat corner said...

I just love that rabbit. Have a lovely Christmas, Briony
x

Lowcarb team member said...

Well, I think Arthur looks great sitting there :)
Good luck to Joanne, Bonnie and Jacob.

Enjoy your coffee, film and stitching.

All the best Jan

Heritage Hall said...

I simply love Albert... so fetching. You go right ahead
with your coffee, film and stitching plan....sounds ideal
to me and you certainly have earned it. The very best of
everything to Joanne, Bonnie and Jacob and a most blessed
Christmastide to all of you.

Jackie said...

Albert looks quite distinguished I think. I think I might be ready for the holiday, but I am not too sure. It has been a slog for me as well and I didn't have to help anyone move house.

God bless.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Decorating and helping your daughter with her move plus Christmas prep, wow, totally exhausting. You deserve some serious down time, I hope you get it. Have a good Christmas and get some well deserved rest.

MartinaM said...

Oh dear, there's still so much work to do before the holidays, but now you can all enjoy the beautiful days.
Albert looks great, I like him a lot.
I wish you a merry Christmas and take care of yourself.
Martina

Sandy said...

Albert is sooooooo cute. Glad you got a project finished, it always feels so good to be able to do that. Yippee for getting the room finished, that has to be exciting. And your daughter and kiddo's can celebrate Christmas in their new digs...what a good way to start a new chapter to ones life. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Albert looks every bit the distinguished gentleman. Great to get another project ticked off the list. Best wishes to Joanne, Bonnie and Jacob and hope they settle in to their new home quickly.
Wishing you a peacefuland happy Christmas x

Robin said...

Arthur is so cute. I love how you are finishing up projects that have been set aside. I need to follow your lead on that. So nice you are able to help your daughter. Of all the things we have to give our time is the most precious. Robin in NJ